Berger 109 lrht “cracks”

Whytry85

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Supporter
Oct 13, 2020
Texas
Ordered 1000 of these and popped open a box to check consistency as I’ve never run them and noticed striations running from the ogive towards the meplats. I assumed maybe from the pointing process or maybe cold forming but wondering if any of you guys have seen this and if it’s really anything to worry about?
IMG_8395.jpeg

If it bugs you that much, post them up for sale and someone will gladly take them off your hands.
I have tens of thousands of hand made, match projectiles here that have the same markings. It doesn't affect their performance.

If it bugs you that much, post them up for sale and someone will gladly take them off your hands.
I have tens of thousands of hand made, match projectiles here that have the same markings. It doesn't affect their performance.
It doesn’t. I’ll run em especially considering how consistent the weight and ogive measurements were.

I’ve run almost 2k of the 153.5 hybrids in my 6.5cm, and they have the exact same striations on them. Reached out to Berger and they said they’ve tested them under radar with no ill affects in BC or any sort of issues. Kinda janky from what is supposed to be an S tier bullet manufacturer but I’ve yet to see any weird fliers both at 100yds and at distance due to it.

Reactions: Whytry85
I’ve run almost 2k of the 153.5 hybrids in my 6.5cm, and they have the exact same striations on them. Reached out to Berger and they said they’ve tested them under radar with no ill affects in BC or any sort of issues. Kinda janky from what is supposed to be an S tier bullet manufacturer but I’ve yet to see any weird fliers both at 100yds and at distance due to it.
Good to know and that mimics my thoughts exactly. Not really a big deal as long as they fly as they should.
If you look closely Hornady ATIPs also have this along the cyclinder versus on the ogive.
I opened up a box I had and do see slight ones. Cant seem to find them on any eldm’s.
Yeah I think that's on all of them.
Makes me feel better then.. I’ll push forward with em!

Thank yall!

Reactions: BuildingConceptsllc
I bought 1000 105 Hybrids and they all looked like that. Sorta freaked me out, so I loaded up a 100 and shot great from
100 to 1000 yards. No issues at all after next 650 I have shot from that lot.