• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Berger 140 Elite Hunter, 6.5 CM chambering issues?

rmiked

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2023
I have a Seekins SP10. It has successfully chambered (from magazine) Hornady 129 American HUNTER, Hornady 140 ELDM, Hornady 143 ELDX, Hornady Black 140 BTHP, SIG 130 Elite Hunter tipped. I purchased a box of Berger 140 Elite Hunter with the hybrid ogive bullet profile. First attempt to chamber from lock-back, and the bullet hung up while leaving the magazine riding up the feed ramps? I removed the bullet and installed 2 in the magazine. Then released the BCG from lock back and it loaded fine. Is it a known “thing” that these hybrid ogive bullets may not load great in an AR10 because the sleeker shape of the bullet may get hung up in feed ramps? I have never had even 1 “failure to load” in 160 shots (new AR) in my SP10. I’m thinking these Bergers may be more of a bolt rifle round? The Hornady Balck 140 BTHP looks similar to the Berger in that it doesn’t have the poly tip like the Hornady 140 ELDM and 143 ELDX. But I don’t think the 140 BTHP has the hybrid ogive shape. The Hornady Black 140 BTHP feeds just fine. Thanks