Berger 220 LRHT

Anyone running these at distance? Does the bc hold true or are you having to adjust in anyway? Going to be using them soon thought I'd see performance

I just bought 1000 of them and will be playing with them when BLM opens up after fire season. That's still months away, though. Until then, it's going to be shooting through my remaining 230s. When I play, I'll make sure I save enough 230s to do a suitable side-by-side at a mile+.

As for whether they stand up at range, they're Berger. I don't know why they wouldn't. They have the same BC as the 230s, which I find interesting.

Reactions: Schw15
I just bought 1000 of them and will be playing with them when BLM opens up after fire season. That's still months away, though. Until then, it's going to be shooting through my remaining 230s. When I play, I'll make sure I save enough 230s to do a suitable side-by-side at a mile+.

As for whether they stand up at range, they're Berger. I don't know why they wouldn't. They have the same BC as the 230s, which I find interesting.
It will be couple months til I get my new barrel and I really play with them. Yes same or might be higher bc which is impressive. I know they will perform at those distances easy just curious on values ect.

I have taken the Berger 220 out to 1 mile and the BC is spot one. Only bullet i load in the 30 SM /300 PRC. Bartlein 1-9!

Reactions: Newbie2020
I will run a 1-8 twist anyone seen a higher bc with the faster twist? I finally was able to get then. Been shooting A-tips. I haven't shot bergers for awhile

Thought I would update. 220 berger going avg 3003 feet in a 1-8 twist at 5400 elevation inhad to raise the bc the g7 .387 for my impacts to match up at distance. Not sure If the extra spin of the 1-8 twist helps but they hold up fine no accuracy issues with the faster twist. Will be doing more testing to make sure nothing was off going back to 100 yards to recheck zero ect.

Nice. I would like to test the 245 LRHT against the 245 EOL at distance but who knows when we'll actually see them on a regular basis.

Last edited: