Best affordable LPVO

762 ULTRAMAGA

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2018
Idaho
I'm in the market for an LPVO to run on an M&P AR15, it'll be used for move and shoot training with targets out to 300- 400 yards.
I'm looking at the Trijicon Credo HX 1-4×24, anything else I should consider in the $600 or less arena?

Reactions: STR956 and simonp
I had the opportunity to try the Sig Sauer LPVO’s. The quality & performance was quite decent for the price point. The package includes the LPVO and Mount.

Sig Sauer TANGO-MSR LPVO 1-4x24mm
Sig Sauer TANGO-MSR LPVO 1-6x24mm
Sig Sauer TANGO-MSR LPVO 1-10x24mm

I'm in the market for an LPVO to run on an M&P AR15, it'll be used for move and shoot training with targets out to 300- 400 yards.
I'm looking at the Trijicon Credo HX 1-4×24, anything else I should consider in the $600 or less arena?
This is going to sound crazy, but honestly, this is the best (for the money) LPVO i've looked through... Bought one, liked it so much, I bought another one while they were running a 12% off sale back in December. The glass and reticle sharpness are absolutely pheonomal for a $450 optic. The field of view is excellent, and I love the horseshoe w/ floating chevron reticle, and the standard MIL stadia makes it adaptable to any/all guns, cartrides, calibers & bullet weights. @Primary Arms is doing some great things for the budget-minded shooter.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Steiner px4i 1-4
Delta Stryker 1-6
Have them both. Recommend both. Great glass, day bright red dot , good reticles. May need to look used for a Stryker at that price . You won't be disappointed with either as a glass investment. Good luck

This is going to sound crazy, but honestly, this is the best (for the money) LPVO i've looked through... Bought one, liked it so much, I bought another one while they were running a 12% off sale back in December. The glass and reticle sharpness are absolutely pheonomal for a $450 optic. The field of view is excellent, and I love the horseshoe w/ floating chevron reticle, and the standard MIL stadia makes it adaptable to any/all guns, cartrides, calibers & bullet weights. @Primary Arms is doing some great things for the budget-minded shooter.
I actually have a PA SLX 1-6 Gen 3 and the glass is funky as hell, it's like looking through prescription glasses until about 4x it drives me nuts cuz it's pretty clear otherwise.
I found this smoking deal on a Steiner P4xi and put one on order.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Steiner-P4Xi-V2-1x-4x24mm-G1-Riflescope-5204.aspx

Reactions: STR956
Reactions: 762 ULTRAMAGA
Loaded question.

The good news is there are some good B, B+ and A-, optics. Prices on these are all over the place.

And then, scope opinions are to be take. With a grain of salt. It is hard to remove bias of the brand and each has a good or bad experience and people are looking for different features.

For me, I have two benchmarks for budget LPVO. 1) the best. Probably the Vortex PST 1-6x. 2) great value. Probably the Sig MSR line

Having said that, there are a number of other brands. Primary Arms gets better every year. As does Sightron and Delta, although Delta is more expensive than Vortex PST. Steiner is great, but in that budget range you only have 1-4x zoom factor

Have fun in your search.

Primary Arms gets better every year.
Honestly, you can see their drive for continuous improvement over the past few years. Especially the fact they don’t batch-QC…They QC EVERY single optic in Texas before stocking it. That’s how things should be done, regardless of brand, cost, or MSRP.

I don’t think I’ll be buying anything Vortex again anytime soon…At least nothing cheaper than the Razor line. PA has seriously raised the benchmark for affordable optics with high-end features. Arken as well. Vortex still seems to be slacking in the reticle and features offerings in their budget-line scopes. IMO, the newer Strike Eagle line has become the new Viper HS series, and historically, anything lower than the Viper HS/HS-T was kind of a turd. So, pretty much anything lower than the SE, and you get what you pay for.

I haven't tried many, but I have 2 of the PA 1-8 with the ACSS and absolutely love them. I think they're great for the money, and living on VA disability... money is always tight for me. I got one on an AR, and one on a bolt gun. No off position between each intensity of brightness in my only complaint, but for a budget scope... I can deal. Great capability going from 1 all the way to 8 power. Good quality glass too far as I can tell. I've has zero issues with either one.

7mm Mauser on Princess rock.png

Reactions: STR956 and FuhQ
I haven't tried many, but I have 2 of the PA 1-8 with the ACSS and absolutely love them. I think they're great for the money, and living on VA disability... money is always tight for me. I got one on an AR, and one on a bolt gun. No off position between each intensity of brightness in my only complaint, but for a budget scope... I can deal. Great capability going from 1 all the way to 8 power. Good quality glass too far as I can tell. I've has zero issues with either one.

The PLX line has the off between every stop on the illumination.
BUT it costs a lot more than the SLX line.

I have however seen a few on here of the older PLX version go for a decent price.