• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Best choice for an Impact prefit?

WillEver

Private
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2023
Fort Worth, TX
When they're in stock, it looks like Stuteville Precision has Bartlein prefits for $750. Bartlein and Stuteville both seem to have amazing reputations.

If Proof offers a barrel in a caliber that I want to shoot, $500-525 seems like a good buy.

Anything else at or below $750 that I should look at?

I've seen those mentioned. It's Austin Orgain's company that was previously Hawk Hill?

I'll take a look at those, too. I'm assuming they would also be in that $750-900 range? A Bartlein or CRB, pre-fit chambered and threaded for an Impact.

I've seen those mentioned. It's Austin Orgain's company that was previously Hawk Hill?

I'll take a look at those, too. I'm assuming they would also be in that $750-900 range? A Bartlein or CRB, pre-fit chambered and threaded for an Impact.

Yes, previously Hawk Hill (the machines, not the personnel).

TS Customs has pre-fit Benchmarks for $800, and CRBs for $925.

All the names mentioned above do great work. I have run a Proof 6.5 Cr steel barrel this season on my Impact and been very pleased with it, I also really like the profile/weight. Group wise it has shot on par with my bartlein. I'm getting ready to pull it after I shoot a local two day and am planning to replace it with another Proof.

I have a Proof Prefit for my Impact action in 6 Dasher - 2100 rounds fired so far for PRS. No issues with the Proof. Have a new in box Proof prefit in 6 Dasher waiting when I decide to pull the current Proof prefit.

I’ve had luck just emailing Wade off the Stuteville website for getting a barrel then waiting for them to come in stock online. My last 2 barrels were CRB prefits and they shoot lights out. Travis at TScustoms is on par as well for getting a prefit

one good option I just got through using was patriot valley arms with their osprey barrels. they're pretty quick. Just wish they offered 28"
eta nvm that's been covered

Last edited: