Best Gong Setup for 1000yd+?

Luva_n_FrenZ

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2019
Not sure if this is the right forum but I am thinking of planting some permanent AR500 16" gongs at 1000 and 1500 yards.

The area won't have much road access much mean I'll need to hike all my tools and material with me to set up.

I am asking for recommendations for a simple setup which doesn't expose many chains or bolts, if possible. Would hate to shoot out a chain or destroy a bolt and have to hike out again to repair.

I think the best case would be a single steel post driven into the earth with the plate hanging by some attachment.

Thanks!

I use fire hose. Gota hike out to paint it once in awhile any ways

you gotta figure a way to have a drone spray paint that target for you.

I use conveyor belt...because I get old stuff from work for free...cut it in strips....make a hole...mount it up with some #8 bolts...good to go. You have to shoot it a lot of times for the belt to finally break.

Reactions: jasent
We used round farm type discs 18” to 20” And welded a 6” piece of closed end pipe to each side. Then pounded in two T posts and set the disc over the top. No bolts or chains. Need to be beyond 500 though, any closer our 6.5 PRC’s were punching holes.

341F2CC9-79CB-450A-882C-90485D6C9695.jpeg

12 square mk machining on left and 18 round hang fast target on right
I really like the hang fast system and it’s a 1/4 “ so it’s real loud both ar 500

Reactions: JMax and Steel head