• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Night Vision Best thermal combo for 7k budget

Tigerfan34

Private
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2024
Alabama
Shopping for a thermal scanner and scope with a budget of 7k. Definitely want LRF on one of these. Based on other threads here, I assume the scope is where LRF is most desirable.

I'll mostly be hunting coyotes in mixed environments not likely to exceed 300 yard shots. I currently use a Bering Optics Super Hogster without LRF.

I'm leaning towards Super Yoter 640 LRF for the scope and spending the rest on a dedicated scanner.

Give me feedback on your favorite options to fill these needs and budget.

Well since no one is adding any info. I wanted one rifle to basically do everything. So I had my 6 ARC (before it was cool) AR-15 with MPVO and a clip on, sold the scope and decided on the Pulsar DXP55 Duo. I LRF everything around my blind and deer lease so I know the distances by heart and don't need a thermal with a LRF. I still use my Steiner C35 gen 1 as a scanner and a clip on for other rifles. I am extremely happy with this setup and probably won't change it until collimated 1280 clip ons are under 10k. The only drawback is the pixelation at high magnification using the daytime camrea.

I use to have a Super Yoter C and loved it. Not much help for your specific situation but that's how I decided to spend around $7-8k in thermals.