• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Firearms BEWARE TEXAG0482

Nubba0681

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2019
Just had a terrible interaction with this guy.
Not sure if he has been hacked or this guy made an account to just scam people or he’s legit and just very weird.
Just a heads up and if it’s legit, I apologize. Too much 💩 going on at the moment to take a chance.

conversation below

I posted I’d take the item and as soon as I did he deleted the post!
B686EDF3-05FD-46F0-8904-1B749C998564.png
31877472-FE35-4C40-B1D2-2AE4C7236994.png
CF13110F-C734-4A91-90CD-5067C3DB234D.png
A5DF0260-7D9F-442F-9A5A-DC73DE0F8BF0.png
BE5392B8-8139-429A-A25F-41EE5864D644.png
C2985452-3383-4089-B513-1D96FE907C20.png

As you can see, he’s a full member and supporter so that’s why I even thought twice about it. Then he started his 💩. I asked for his Venmo so I could report it to Venmo that he was scamming people with it.

Reactions: rmantoo
Ya I was bashed for asking for more info. But everyone needs to get as much info as to check out sellers if with good feedback as account could be hacked. Everyone be safe.

I like the custom note written in front of the item. Had a buyer ask me to make a little stick figure wearing a hat with the date, then photograph both.

My suggestion is we might need to go to a rule like must do video chat to sell.
It's a lot harder to fake things on video if you actually are chatting with someone and having them show you the item as they talk.
They could still be ripping you off, but now it means they actually have to have the item with them.

My suggestion is we might need to go to a rule like must do video chat to sell.
It's a lot harder to fake things on video if you actually are chatting with someone and having them show you the item as they talk.
They could still be ripping you off, but now it means they actually have to have the item with them.
Video chat? You know some people one here can’t even figure out how to send money over the Internet much less figure out how to make their face appear on your screen.

That's my hacked account. He's put up at least 2 or 3 fake ads now.

I've reached out to Lowlight and mods plus posted in Lowlights directives thread about the hack. Hopefully, no one gets screwed. If you see any more can everyone please post that it's been hacked until I can get it back in my possession?

I've reached out to Lowlight and mods plus posted in Lowlights directives thread about the hack. Hopefully, no one gets screwed. If you see any more can everyone please post that it's been hacked until I can get it back in my possession?

Did your email account tied this site get hacked too?

Would you happen to have a razor for $500 shipped by chance? 😂

Video chat? You know some people one here can’t even figure out how to send money over the Internet much less figure out how to make their face appear on your screen.

If you can figure out how to be on SH and posting in the forums and can figure out how to send money to someone via an electronic service, you can easily figure out how to do a video chat, it's rather simple, you don't have to spend money on the software and just about any cheap phone these days will do it, and if you have internet, well that's all you need to get it done.

Eventually folks will have to understand that it's imperative to actually have at least some basic skills in modern communications.

You can do all this round about stuff, but a quick video chat is much more certain and a lot harder to fake.

It’s compromised passwords from other places

this is blatant the fact you interacted with it means you have no business buying or selling on here if something that obvious fools you. Even the language is wrong so don’t be dumb

we have a report tool

Passwords are stolen in other places and they scan your email and try it where they find it.

if you are worried change your password

And lastly for those reading this,

use the report button I am not lifting a finger to help you if you do this and put your stupidity on display. You aren’t warning anyone because they will change names tomorrow. We have plenty of info how they do it already. Names always change

we ban the accounts if you report them they get banned quickly if you talk about it not so much. We can even find dormant ones too if you link it.

see reporting and linking the actual accounts speeds up the process. Screen shots do nothing to help but demonstrate how blatantly stupid the scammers are. Falling for it makes it worse

If you can figure out how to be on SH and posting in the forums and can figure out how to send money to someone via an electronic service, you can easily figure out how to do a video chat, it's rather simple, you don't have to spend money on the software and just about any cheap phone these days will do it, and if you have internet, well that's all you need to get it done.

Eventually folks will have to understand that it's imperative to actually have at least some basic skills in modern communications.

You can do all this round about stuff, but a quick video chat is much more certain and a lot harder to fake.
I don’t disagree with anything you said, it’s just amazing how many times I’ve either tried to buy or someone else has tried to buy from me and they only wanted a postal money order, not because they are trying to scam but because they “don’t know how any of that other stuff works”

I don’t disagree with anything you said, it’s just amazing how many times I’ve either tried to buy or someone else has tried to buy from me and they only wanted a postal money order, not because they are trying to scam but because they “don’t know how any of that other stuff works”
Very true. I dont use postal money orders or frankly anything that requires me to actually go to a fucking post office (or any other location) and stand in line for God knows how long just to pay someone when i can hit one or two buttons on my phone to accomplish the same fucking thing.

Recently told three separate potential buyers for stuff i was selling in the PX to beat it when they told me they wanted to buy my shit but would only pay via a MO. Lol

Very true. I dont use postal money orders or frankly anything that requires me to actually go to a fucking post office (or any other location) and stand in line for God knows how long just to pay someone when i can hit one or two buttons on my phone to accomplish the same fucking thing.

Recently told three separate potential buyers for stuff i was selling in the PX to beat it when they told me they wanted to buy my shit but would only pay via a MO. Lol
Flip side to that I've told some sellers no thanks when they request payment through an anti-2A service, despite not disclosing payment terms in the ad.

Flip side to that I've told some sellers no thanks when they request payment through an anti-2A service, despite not disclosing payment terms in the ad.
Yea i get that and whole-heartedly agree with the sentiment but if you applied that principal equally across all aspects of your life and the technology you use, you’d be living in a cave soemwhere.

The companies that manufactured computer, phone or tablet you used to access the internet and post that reply are largly ran by anti-2A, anti-freedom pieces of shit but i bet you keep on using them anyway (and so will I until a parallel industrial base run by pro-2A patriotic conservatives emerges).

As an aside, I always disclose the forms of payment accepted in the OP for everything i list for sale in the PX.

the volume of attempts has not really changed, it's just more have compromised details on their side of the house so that allows groups and gangs to knock on their doors and gain entry

Then you get the Hair on Fire crowd who after almost getting scammed themselves think they are doing people a favor by posting this shit instead of reporting

while others submitted a report I don't recall seeing this OP adding a report to the queue which for me is a clue

If the OP reported it immediately, (If Woody had gone straight to the police this never would have happened ) it would have been hit with a Spam click and everything about the account would be handed off to our system to help block it. but instead it's a mess now with a lot of manual pruning

• Haha
Reactions: Duc and Fig
Huge thanks to Frank and the team for helping me to get this account back.

Two-step now enabled and all my passwords have been changed.

Apologize to anyone who had to deal with this bullshit.
Who is Frank?

How much do you bench?

Ever work in concrete?

What should I buy more of?

What’s a dildopony? And why should I beware?

Is this still available?

There are people on this forum that won't use that "other stuff" because of their attitude towards the 2nd amendment, and firearms in general..........Why would someone on a gun forum, selling anything want to patronize a business with that attitude towards our freedoms. I will pay with a money order, cashier's check, or a credit card.............or I will do my business somewhere that will accept those type payments.

There are people on this forum that won't use that "other stuff" because of their attitude towards the 2nd amendment, and firearms in general..........Why would someone on a gun forum, selling anything want to patronize a business with that attitude towards our freedoms. I will pay with a money order, cashier's check, or a credit card.............or I will do my business somewhere that will accept those type payments.

Have you checked the 2A stance on your credit card company, and your bank and whoever you are getting your money order from?
I'd bet generally none of them are 2A supporters, most are probably hostile to the 2A...

Have you checked the 2A stance on your credit card company, and your bank and whoever you are getting your money order from?
I'd bet generally none of them are 2A supporters, most are probably hostile to the 2A...
Possibly, but none of them are shutting down the transaction, or shutting down my account, or putting a hold on my money.........

Better tell PayPal to stop accepting transactions for subscribers to this site then.
you do business everyday with people that hate your 2A rights. Do you have an apple or google phone? Do you use Facebook? Gmail? Amazon? Bank of America? You’ve got a long list of others you have to stop using also.

how about you keep using PayPal to make gun purchases easier because it pisses them off instead.

Maybe you could write a page on the different ways to move money (the how to do it) and it could be a sticky for Classifieds?