Big gun case reccomendations

Scootch

Private
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2017
Mississippi
Looks like my gun will be ready to ship in about three weeks. The gun will be around 54" long. There doesn't to be a lot of options for larger rifles. At the moment I'm looking at the Eberlestock sniper drag bag or either the Americase AT50. A hard case would be nice but i don't really want aluminum and powder-coat is an extra 150. The Americase is approved for TSA air travel. The Eberlestock drag bag has shoulder harness if I needed to haul it a ways. The pelican 1770 might be a close fit but it doesn't have a side carry handle.

What are you guys using?

Thanks,
Scootch

Eberlestock Sniper drag bag all the way. My suppressed 300 win mag at 55" barely fits - but fits! Well thought out design and rock solid construction Worth every penny, but of course is not a hard case if you have to fly commercial. Pack my 300 and gear up and down the mtns easily with the straps and belt harness.

I'm in the same boat with my AI 338 Lapua with a 30" barrel....

This is the one I'm still seriously considering.

http://www.explorercases.net/?produc...per-case-black

Internal dimensions: 60 3/5” x 14 9/10” x 6 3/10”

B&H Photo is selling them for $293, free shipping:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...ases_ecpc_15416b_15416_x_long_rifle_case.html

More details: “New” Explorer 15416 X-Long Rifle – Sniper Case (Black)

$323.00
  • Description

Explorer 15416 X-Long Rifle – Sniper Case (Black)
    The first virtually indestructible case to transport X-Long Rifles without having to break them down, the new 15416 combines all the quality features and construction of other EXPLORER Cases but with a 60 in. interior length. It easily accommodates professional rifles such as the McMillan TAC 50, Barrett 82A1, M107A1, or similar rifles and AMR’s.
    The 15416 case features one large contoured handle with two-man lift side handles at the ends. The heavy duty ball bearing wheels roll smoothly for easy transportation. There are four stainless steel reinforced locking points and a removable nametag for easy identification on the front. Initially available in Black, with Military Green and Desert Tan coming soon.

Features:
    External dimensions: 63 4/5” x 17 4/5” x 7 9/10”
    Internal dimensions: 60 3/5” x 14 9/10” x 6 3/10”
    Weight w/foam: 23.60 lbs.
    Waterproof, Sand & Dust proof, Shockproof and Crushproof
    Designed for Military use
    Padlockable – four stainless steel reinforced points
    Large contoured front handle
    Two-man lift side handles
    Heavy duty ball bearing wheels
    Optional Snug-Fit locks are available
    TSA Travel Sentry approved
    100% Guaranteed forever!
    15416_1.jpg

I just finished up an F-Class open rifle that was just over 52" and had the same issue, can't beat the Plano Mil Spec case for $178.00 at B&H, this is NOT the shitty old Plano case just for the record.

IMG_1757.JPG