Bino / Range Finder

mdslammer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Hi Guys,

I'm considering purchasing a set of Leica Geovid / Rangefinder. They are rather pricey but I heard they were
one of the top bino's out there at 3K.

Anyhow, here's my question: I know the difference between the 8x42 and the 10x42 as far as power, focal point,
eye relief, etc. But not only do I want to be able to range out to the 3000 yards, with the clearest imagine.

I would think the 10x42 would be the best to go with, but wanted to hear from those who have or use either/both
of these and their experience.

Thanks very much.

Mark

That’s asking for a lot. The laser on the Geovid is underpowered and the beam divergence is horrible in my opinion.

Attachments

• B35A614D-B0E7-46C1-B5D1-C76C2C463335.jpeg
    B35A614D-B0E7-46C1-B5D1-C76C2C463335.jpeg
    368 KB · Views: 46
I can’t recommend any Rangefinding binos. I’m curuous how well the new ranging binos will be but I’m far from an expert. I personally think asking a rangefinder to range 3k yds is asking a lot. Can some low priced handhelds do it? Yes. Is their accuracy within what’s acceptable for making those kinds of shots? Hell no.

Until ranging bino technology catches up to be affordable for civilians, I would buy a good set of binos and a good handheld rangefinder.

I’m about to be testing NewCon Optik LRM 3500M BT. I foresee that being a hit if people are willing to pay for it. The capabilities of a PLRF25c at half the price.
0.75x0.25mil beam divergence.
Measures between 10-5500m
Out to 3500m on a 2.3x2.3m nato target
Accuracy within 1+-
and a host of other features like getting a targets speed.
Etched reticle 6.5x zoom
Built-in GPS
Target coordinates
This was built for JTACs, & FOs. More rangefinder than any elr shooter would ever need. But if you have a HOG overhead and need some CAS, then this will do.

IMHO Try out Zeiss RF Binos. I chose them after a side to side demo with Leicas. Glass is awesome and the range finder was faster in my experience and ranged farther. They also have lifetime transferrable warranty.

I have Geovids, and the last generation Zeiss RF binos. Neither will get anywhere near 3,000 yards. Even the new generation Zeiss binos will not reliably get you to 3000 yards.

Tomorrow if the weather permits I will be testing a Vectronix PLRF 15 against Vortex’s Fury 5000s at the Vortex facility if the Fury 5000s 10x42 binos can run close to the PLRF 15s they will be of interest due to the cost and Vortex no questions ask warranty.

I am looking forward to seeing the comparison out to 5000 yards+/-

Oneshot.onehit
JH

Tomorrow if the weather permits I will be testing a Vectronix PLRF 15 against Vortex’s Fury 5000s at the Vortex facility if the Fury 5000s 10x42 binos can run close to the PLRF 15s they will be of interest due to the cost and Vortex no questions ask warranty.

I am looking forward to seeing the comparison out to 5000 yards+/-

Oneshot.onehit
JH

Any word?

I did not have the conditions to give them a good test, After the first of Feb. I will be able to work with them in different areas and conditions and get a good comparison with the PLRF 15 to see what the Fury 5000s can do.

First impression of the Fury was good, hopefully in a week or two I will be able to have some good info.

Oneshot.onehit
JH