• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Bolt action pistol

Once it’s registered as a rifle it’s always a rifle. You need to form1 sbr.

Buy a bare action which gets done as an “other weapon” or something like that instead of rifle. Then you can pistol it with no stock and sub16” barrel OR rifle it with a stock and plus16”.
If you want to stock and sub16” you need to sbr it.

Screenshot 2024-08-30 at 12.03.54 PM.png

Buy a bare action which gets done as an “other weapon” or something like that instead of rifle. Then you can pistol it with no stock and sub16” barrel OR rifle it with a stock and plus16”.
Correct...

As @spife7980 said... Order it as an action only, and it's registered as a "receiver", and how it's configured determines its legality. To make it a pistol, sub-16" barrel with brace and OAL less than 26". Or, as a rifle, put on a +16" barrel with stock.

Reactions: Modoc

So, with buying an action, throwing a 12.5” barrel on it, putting it in a chassis with a brace and it’s good to go without any paperwork being done?

Pretty basic walnut from the Remington custom shop.

I've seen some stunning stuff come from Herrett's.

View attachment 8500596

View attachment 8500597
Always wanted a custom shop XP, but we had so many bolt action handguns it seemed pointless (5 XP100's. a Savage Striker, A Kimber Predator, Kimber of Oregon, a couple of Anschutz Exemplars including one converted to centergrip, and that does not include the Savage Sport Striker and another exemplar that was converted to centergrip that were sold earlier.

This was the most radical. Modified the HS Precision stock from a right hand bolt to a left hand bolt, and filled in the spaces to make the Anschutz look right. Then painted it. I thought it looked great, Brenda hated the red. Stock originally held an XP.

IMG_0169.jpeg

This is the one I keep and keep bragging about. Fired more perfect scores with this XP100 in 7TCU than all the other handguns I’ve ever shot, combined. She is a winner and still resides in my safe. Ask me how much I love Shelen barrels? This one probably has 5000+ rounds through it and is still getting the job done, I just can’t do it myself anymore.

IMG_3324.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jughead and Modoc
Had a pretty bad XP addiction years back, think I’m down to 6 now….

Mark Penrod did the metal work on this 243AI for me. It’ll run a 105 Amax at 3020 into itty bitty groups with boring regularity.

lVI8hg.jpg

…….and it’s not just a range queen. Broke her cherry on this vermin…

6gn1Up.jpg

As has already been stated…
Start with an un designated receiver and build away…