Bore scope

Shopping for a bore scope but need advice. Teslong is recommended but need to know if there is something better and My big question is do I want flexible or rigid probe
I have a Teslong and it works pretty good. I will be buying one with a rigid probe as the flexible probe, while good, is not giving me the full capability I am looking for in a borescope. For the $$, I doubt there is a better option out there.

Are there better borescopes than Teslong? Yes.

Do you need more than Teslong provides? Nope.

Really, it is a great tool for making sure that you cleaned your barrel thoroughly, or maybe inspecting to see how your throat is holding up after ___ number of rounds. You don't need to drop a ton of coin on something to try to find every microscopic flaw in the rifling of your factory barrel.

Are there better borescopes than Teslong? Yes.

Do you need more than Teslong provides? Nope.

This.

A Hawkeye, perhaps - if you appraise firearms or do barrel QC work.

A rigid Teslong (made in Shenzhen, if that offends your political sensibilities) simply blows away everything with all its capabilities, all for a very low price.

Flexible if trying to use it on a semi-auto from the breech end (and even then you can come in from the muzzle, right?)

For bolt, rigid all the way. And you can spend thousands on very high qual bore scopes used in industry for inspections, etc....which would be way overkill. Teslong hit the sweet spot of money, features, and performance.

Personally, I recommend getting one with the display. My very good friend @GBMaryland has one you plug into your laptop running an app and ended up getting one with the display after he saw mine.

I recommend this one as hitting the price price point/feature set

And do yourself a favor and spend a $20 more for this caliber mirror set...will make getting clean, in focus, images much easier. I believe that the scope itself comes with a .22 cal mirror which is not optimum for larger bore rifles.

• Love
Reactions: GBMaryland
Get the rigid Teslong and, as @Baron23 says, the monitor is nice. Ignore the head-in-the-sand guys that advise you to remain ignorant of carbon buildup.
I love my Teslong. It does the opposite of creating anxiety. Before I had one, I would second guess my cleaning methods. Now, after seeing the carbon completely removed I put the rifle away in the safe and rest knowing it’s ready for any comp. Focus on removing the carbon buildup just after the end of the neck area in the chamber.