• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BREAKING: SPACEX FALCON-GPS-III 2nd attempt: ABORT. Next window on Oct. 4, 2020 at 9:39 PM EST

Blue Sky Country

Urban Cowboy
Minuteman
  • If all goes as to plan, the Cygnus spacecraft, carrying a $23 million dollar space toilet perfected after 'years of development', as well as critical food and hygenic supplies, will rendezvouz with the crew of the International Space Station.

The launch was supposed to have been scheduled for last night but the Antares rocket's first stage, which is supposedly Ukrainian built, had a suspected issue and the countdown was aborted.

EjSBCAlWoAIAp8r

And scheduled for 9:43PM Oct. 2, 2020, SpaceX Falcon Superheavy Cargo Vehicle with GPS-III satellite will lift for orbit.
    DOUBLEHEADER STREAM BELOW:

OCTOBER 3, 2020. SPACEX 2ND ATTEMPT. ABORT AT T MINUS TWO.

Last edited:
    That was great! Thanks for the heads up. 8,000 lbs. of cargo sure took off fast. I said to the wife "Wow, that took off like a rocket!" She just rolled her eyes. lol

We REALLY need to treat space exploration and space related tech development with the same enthusiasm and optimism we had from 1947 to the 1990s, and ignite this same passion in the younger generations. Fingers crossed for the complete success of tonight's spectacular double header...

SPACE FORCE GPS-III-4 less than SIX minutes away...

Reactions: Austan
    All you missed was the launch aborting

CYGNUS was sent to it's destination with no issues. GPS-III abort. And lives to fight (launch) another day intact. I remember watching the previous Antares launch and kaboom and that was gut wrenching... I bet more than a few guys were sweating when they counted down the first one at Wallop Island tonight... Same for the folks aboard the ISS... That was months of essential food and provisions packed on the CYGNUS.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
    Sadly I don't think people are super interested in space. I guess Elon gave it a bit of a burst. I'm not even sure an honest to goodness Mars program would energize this populace today. They'd rather get their free shit, fakebook, twatter, and instaPhoto narcissism fix and figure out how they can screw the health care and other values we as a country held dear for 220 years or so.

NASA is filled with very left leaning people - at least here in my town.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    Sadly I don't think people are super interested in space. I guess Elon gave it a bit of a burst. I'm not even sure an honest to goodness Mars program would energize this populace today. They'd rather get their free shit, fakebook, twatter, and instaPhoto narcissism fix and figure out how they can screw the health care and other values we as a country held dear for 220 years or so.

NASA is filled with very left leaning people - at least here in my town.

I bet motherfuckers WILL be interested in space when news breaks of a comet or asteroid the size of New Jersey barreling towards the inner solar system from the icy voids of the Kuiper Belt... And by that time, it may be too late.

ONE scientist had devised a system of calculations enabling his team to accurately and successfully land a probe on a passing comet a few years ago. It was the first step in giving this world a fighting chance against a killer asteroid, because it will pave the way for the deployment of vast thermonuclear warheads, propulsion devices, and even more advanced weaponry that may be used to divert or smash up the incoming projectile. Guess how the world treated this man in return... He got subjected to cancel culture, and calls for his resignation, after a photo surfaced of him wearing a T-shirt at a party containing a supposedly "sexist" and "misogynistic" joke printed on the front...
    smiley_freak.gif

I bet motherfuckers WILL be interested in space when news breaks of a comet or asteroid the size of New Jersey barreling towards the inner solar system from the icy voids of the Kuiper Belt... And by that time, it may be too late.

ONE scientist had devised a system of calculations enabling his team to accurately and successfully land a probe on a passing comet a few years ago. It was the first step in giving this world a fighting chance against a killer asteroid, because it will pave the way for the deployment of vast thermonuclear warheads, propulsion devices, and even more advanced weaponry that may be used to divert or smash up the incoming projectile. Guess how the world treated this man in return... He got subjected to cancel culture, and calls for his resignation, after a photo surfaced of him wearing a T-shirt at a party containing a supposedly "sexist" and "misogynistic" joke printed on the front...
    smiley_freak.gif
    6FCE6A42-512E-4955-9C3D-8656C7B10A75.jpeg

smiley_freak.gif
    YUP. I'm going to be REALLY offended if we had an opportunity to save ourselves from a catastrophe if it happened in my lifetime and because of people who get offended at jokes, observations, or what have turned the entire world in to cancel culture. Honestly, I'd rather go back to the days in the workplace where people yelled at me and called me a motherfucker to my face (yes, I had that happen).

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    Where's Spock? Im waiting for a transporter.

What if it came from the Oort Cloud?

BTW if a giant asteroid came and there was an escape from earth? Seats are for the elite escape club. And we ain’t in it. Well maybe a few are. :);)

Do you know when the next attempt will be?

Listening to the ongoing commentary right now. They are definitely scrubbed for tonight and they were saying that upon every abort, the countdown clock returns to a default T minus 15, regardless of whether another attempt is made within that particular window, or pushed further...

ETA: Those vehicles and their propulsion, control, and guidance components literally contains MILLIONS of parts. It is beyond amazing to watch what is practically the pinnacle of human engineering on display right here. Some of those components may have originated from small family owned precision tool shops that have just a handful of close-knit employees, scattered all over the country from the suburbs of Washington State to Florida... Other parts would have been built by supercorporations like Boeing and Raytheon, the result of thousands of technicians milling around and operating cutting edge equipment around the clock... And then factor in the railroads, trucks, planes, and helicopters which brought all of those parts together to the assembly and launch point. As a man who have worked in logistics and freight transportation operations for almost a decade, I am certain that all of those networks involved in the construction and assembly of the Falcon-GPS-III, if they were to be plotted out on a map, would be just as complex as the neural paths in a human brain. And that STILL may be an understatement to the sheer amount of effort and work involved in projects like this.

Last edited:
    Reactions: equilibrium
    NOTE: Corrections have been made to posts above. The livestream had ended upon the abort of the 2nd launch attempt tonight and was replaying, causing it to be mistaken for multiple launch attempts in same window.

Next window, attempt 3 at sending the Space Force GPS-III-4 satellite into orbit aboard the Falcon Superheavy, will take place on Oct. 4, 2020 at 9:39 PM EST.

Last edited: