• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Broken RCBS dies

yo-yo

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2024
CO
Is anyone having an issue with RCBS dies? We have broken two of the resizing does from RCBS for the .338 Lapua. After 30-40 rounds pressed into the dies, when the brass is released from the die, the die cracks. These were both purchased from local large sporting goods stores (one broke, exchanged it for another, and broke that one yesterday).

Anyone else seeing this issue?

ive never broken a die like that ever, i reload for over 12 calibers (including bmg), and ive reloaded well over 100k rounds
id have to say it sounds like an rcbs problem, i know there warranty and customer service is excellent but i think i might start looking at another manufacture for that caliber for your collection

ive never broken a die like that ever, i reload for over 12 calibers (including bmg), and ive reloaded well over 100k rounds
id have to say it sounds like an rcbs problem, i know there warranty and customer service is excellent but i think i might start looking at another manufacture for that caliber for your collection
Ok. Sounds good. Too bad. We’ll return these and try something else. 👍

Dies are hardend steel so if they are cracking something must be way out of wack. Could your press be out of allignment/true and causing lateral forces on the die? Are you using a good lube? One cracking is crazy...2 is not a coincidence. Maybe they were from the same batch and a bad batch of steel/heat treat somehow got out? I would call RCBS and talk to someone about it.