• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

BUDGET BATTLE RIFLE

Idkwhattonamemyself

Private
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2024
Rolla Mo
IMG_8379.jpeg
so I picked up this combat armory AR pistol and I want to know exactly how important the upper and lower receivers are without the internals so I can decide if I just need a new rifle or not I want something battle ready

Shoot it and see! Unless there's some dumb gas port issue I'd think it'll run fine, fingers crossed of course.

Put guts in and shoot the piss out of it. It's the only way to be sure.

Wow, we got the whole package here. Ham hock for a hand, Mt. Dew, 1911, Wally World ammo, ragged out leather Chevy with wires hanging all over the place, camo jacket in the middle of an August heat wave, and a pistol AR being called a "battle rifle".

Shit Cletus, don't let these yanks bust your balls, geet'sum bruh. That shine ain't going to run itself.

so I picked up this combat armory AR pistol and I want to know exactly how important the upper and lower receivers are without the internals so I can decide if I just need a new rifle or not I want something battle ready

Bruh.. the internals are critical! It won’t even shoot without them….

Btw - that end plate is gonna fall off after a few mags 😂

Brah

There’s a difference. Between. Poor. And retarded.

I have PSAs. I know how important the upper and lower receivers are without the internals
Lmao I didn’t mean without the internal at all I mean if I go buy a receiver with out any guts and put next to mine stripped down is one better than the other since they don’t have a real mechanical function. Does it matter who makes the receiver are they all the same ?

Wow, we got the whole package here. Ham hock for a hand, Mt. Dew, 1911, Wally World ammo, ragged out leather Chevy with wires hanging all over the place, camo jacket in the middle of an August heat wave, and a pistol AR being called a "battle rifle".

Shit Cletus, don't let these yanks bust your balls, geet'sum bruh. That shine ain't going to run itself.
Yeah man I bought the same starter pack you did minus the fucked up teeth

OP: Seriously, I'd take down the photo of that monstrosity you posted man. It screams homemade hack job, and is only going to cause you grief on here. Worse, there is zero chance that your build is going to survive more than a few rounds under the rigors of "battle". Even worse yet, your photo backdrop of choice is going to let everyone know way more about you than you'd think, and none of the conclusions will be positive.

Why don't you post a photo of yourself banging your cousin instead. It would be far less offensive to us savages here.

On a genuinely serious note though. Take the rifle to a gunsmith, along with a handful of cash. Endure the few jokes at your expense by them. And end up with something that isn't going to fail you at the first opportunity.

Best of luck.

OP: Seriously, -

On a genuinely serious note though. Take the rifle to a gunsmith, along with a handful of cash. Endure the few jokes at your expense by them. And end up with something that isn't going to fail you at the first opportunity.

Best of luck.
MHO - sell it and start over.

Occasionally quality barrel and bolt are available for $300-400 on sale. Start there. You can usually use Aero stuff for the rest and come out OK if your gas system, buffer and spring etc etc etc are all in sync.

Read everything you can here for 30 days before posting again ... for your own safety...

if you don't have at least 200 bow kills do concrete work for 90 hours a week and bench 275 then you don't even deserve to look at or even think about such a battle ready weapon like this one

you don't pick your battle ready weapon your battle ready weapon picks you

• Haha
Reactions: Mike_in_FL
OP: Seriously, I'd take down the photo of that monstrosity you posted man. It screams homemade hack job, and is only going to cause you grief on here. Worse, there is zero chance that your build is going to survive more than a few rounds under the rigors of "battle". Even worse yet, your photo backdrop of choice is going to let everyone know way more about you than you'd think, and none of the conclusions will be positive.

Why don't you post a photo of yourself banging your cousin instead. It would be far less offensive to us savages here.

Best of luck.
The ‘before’ pic will make the ‘after Hide jackals advice’ pic that much better.

Reactions: diggler1833