• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Elite Tactical Hierarchy?

Best are the DMR, ERS, XRS. Sometimes they will be listed as Elite ERS, etc. and sometimes not. Behind those are the 6500, 4500, 3200. There are updated scopes coming, the DMRIIs on the horizon. Check the current thread. Also check Killswitchengage's thread in the stickies.

John, are you asking throughout their entire Elite Tactical lineup or within an individual line? The DMR 3.5-21x50 was pretty much the game changer for the ET line but it had its shortcomings which were mostly addressed by the ERS 3.5-21x50 at a higher price point. Now the DMR II-i is out and with its improvements seem to have placed it above the ERS for the time being; however, Bushnell will be releasing an ERS II-i and an XRS II-i shortly. I understand that it can be difficult to figure out what's the best vs what's just okay because they offer so many and it's confusing to know what's what. When in doubt, look at the prices, usually the higher the price means the better the scope.

Thanks for the replies. I just got off the phone with Bushnell. It took a while for the CS rep to figure it out, but I think we finally got it figured out. What the ERS offered over the DMR: 10 mils per rotation. Original DMR was 5. The new DMR II is also 10 mils per rev and has pretty much replaced the ERS, which is being discontinued. The XRS is higher magnification. They are coming out with a new line, which I suspect is the ERS II and XRS II mentioned elsewhere here but the CS rep couldn't discuss any details on those yet.

John