• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Buying a TRG22, what color stock?

snipe10

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
Colorado
Alright, just for fun, I'm getting a new TRG22 and they have green, black, tan and multicam in stock. I've narrowed it down to green or black, what do ya think looks best?

Re: Buying a TRG22, what color stock?

Can confirm, the green 1's shoot way better than the black
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read somewhere that the green ones had more bracing since they were designated for the military..</div></div>

Internet BS. Sako started it when they had a warehouse full of green ones to sell.

I still like the green ones...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hpiIWMWWVco"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hpiIWMWWVco" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Eurooptic's normally have just as many black ones as green ones, last week they had both, it seems the best thing our President does is increase gun sales, even expensive ones as they're flying off the shelf,
I should have my new green one by Friday, those guys are great to deal with,

I have a black TRG, I would recommend getting any color but black! It gets quite hot in the summer time when you are out shooting. If you let it sit in the sun for like 20 minutes you will find yourself sweating up a storm when you get behind it. I can often times feel the heat radiating off of the stock and have to take measures to insure it is covered up in something.

My TRG42 is in Green with the Phosphate finish.Makes a very attractive rifle I think... IF only the OptiLock mount was Phosphate also instead of blued...

Rick