Gunsmithing call me crazy but i am building it

jacq220

Sergeant
Minuteman
a ruger 10/22 into a british brown bess walnut stock. pics of the stock blank and the first inletting job i have EVER done.

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

url]

url]

url]

Re: call me crazy but i am building it

Cool. That offset makes me think of a side mounted telescope for some reason. Like an AK. Maybe to make up for the difference in width. I think a scope without elevation and windage adjustments would look correct on that thing. You know, the kind that have adjustment built into the rings? Something you would see at a silhouette shoot.
What is a bloop tube?

Might want to be a little cautious about the bloop tube. It sounds like you may be getting a little long on it which may in turn act as a sound suppressor of sorts. Looks like a neat weekend "what the Hell" project for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pshell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool. That offset makes me think of a side mounted telescope for some reason. Like an AK. Maybe to make up for the difference in width. I think a scope without elevation and windage adjustments would look correct on that thing. You know, the kind that have adjustment built into the rings? Something you would see at a silhouette shoot.
What is a bloop tube? </div></div>

i dont think they had scopes in the 1700's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JACQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pshell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool. That offset makes me think of a side mounted telescope for some reason. Like an AK. Maybe to make up for the difference in width. I think a scope without elevation and windage adjustments would look correct on that thing. You know, the kind that have adjustment built into the rings? Something you would see at a silhouette shoot.

i dont think they had scopes in the 1700's </div></div>

I'm *pretty* sure they didn't have semi-auto .22's either.
grin.gif

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbsinh20</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gonna need fingers like E.T. to reach the trigger.

ETfinger.jpg
</div></div>

its really not bad at all, a small reach, but a small one nonetheless

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SD669</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not to nitpick but holding a rail down with slotted screws...seriously? </div></div>

thats what came with the rail

No reason I see that you can't take material off of the "heavy" side and even it up a bit. It would be a pretty quick job with a good belt sander and follow up by hand sanding. Might make the butt a little thin, but it's not likely to break due to recoil.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pshell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
A bloop tube is a piece of aluminum that attaches to the end of your barrel to extend the sight radius without causing a massive loss in velocity which the 22lr + long barrels is known for. So basically more sight raius and more velocity. Pluss less weight at the tip of the muzzle as compared to an equal length barrel w/o a bloop tube.

Looks like a cool way to practice/learn way of gunsmithing/restoration w/o having to be worried u might screw something up & ruin it, & if it turns out good, then u'll for sure have something interesting & very unique.

I'm on my iPhone, & wasn't able to view all the pics u posted, so idk what kinda irons u are planning to use, but I think a tang-mounted, aperature sight would really set it off, instead of those blocky Ruger irons. IMO anyway