• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Calling Hide HVAC, New Furnace

Labanaktis

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2013
Michigan, Lower West side
Its been a few years since I've looked into the HVAC end of things. My parents need a complete system. They had a woodstove before...

Any opinions on:

AMERICAN STANDARD 97% AFUE S9V2B060U3VSA

2 STAGE VARIABLE SPEED BLOWER w/ 10 YEAR WARRANTY

Is this a reliable furnace?

Thanks, Matt

Last edited:
Its been a few years since I've looked into the HVAC end of things. My parents need a complete system. They had a woodstove before...

Any opinions on:

AMERICAN STANDARD 97% AFUE S9V2B060U3VSA

2 STAGE VARIABLE SPEED BLOWER w/ 10 YEAR WARRANTY

Is this a reliable furnace?

Thanks, Matt
They r fine, kinda noisy when they fire, but it’s a good furnace.

Thank you both. I have a modulating Amana and its been perfect for 7 years now but this company dropped Amana and they carry the American Standard listed above. They said Amana sucks now...

Any suggestions for something better? I could check the other local HVAC company and see if they offer it...
I prefer carrier personally. But I have a modulating Trane furnace in my house lol.

Reactions: Labanaktis
Have not heard about this new gas?
A2L, r454b for most manufacturers, R32 for daikin/goodman/amana.

Flammable, (only slightly they say) expect a 25% increase in price.

So these new systems will have a detection system, if it detects a leak, it throws a fault and turns the blower on the blow the concentrated refrigerant throughout the space and dissipate it…..

New systems are required to have this, we can’t mix match stuff anymore and idk how long r410a replacements will be around… so basically we are all screwed. You can’t just change a furnace, or a coil and a condenser like we have in the past, cuz it won’t meet the new standards/codes.

It’s complete .gov bs

Does there house have duct system for a furnace? Those can be tricky to put in later.

I do radiant heat with a boiler. Very comfortable year round. If you can stretch the budget that's something to consider.