Suppressors Can a form 1 solvent trap be accurate?

SanPatHogger

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2020
That's it. Can a solvent trap be accurate? Would be going on a 26in 243 with 115gr bullets. I do as much as I can myself and a Form 1 solvent trap seems like a cool project.

If a solvent trap will not be accurate, why not?

And I may be able to swing an expensive one by Christmas, so a form 4.....
I looked at the Thunderbeast ultra 9, Gemtec Dagger 2, Victory magnum..... and others.

Whatever I get will probably also end up on my 18in AR 223wylde. No mag dumps, Hunting and maybe range days.

Is anyone here using a solvent trap and shooting long range?

Looking at the quietbore kit and like that it comes with 1/2 and 5/8 threaded end caps. But its all stainless and 2 lbs. It also looks like a legit company.
Solvent traps direct has a couple different titanium kits, but then you buy the internals separate.

Then I see really cheap stuff on websites that are obviously shipping from china with a monocore that's already drilled, just needs a hole in the cap. But for a $200 tax stamp and $50 almost makes me want to try one. I know the cheap shit is exactly that, cheap shit. Has anybody tried one?

I have the quietbore 22, 9mm and 300WM
I'm happy with all three but they are not the quietest “suppressor” on the market. The 22 can be accurate with different ammo.
The 30 cal is a heavy bitch but I’m absolutely fine with that. I’m not hiking around with it and I use it 80% of the time on my desert tech which has a massive ~5” tendon that Gets clamped down on. In my opinion this helps with minimizing point of impact shifts and may help with accuracy. When I do load development specifically with the suppressor it is very accurate all day every day with groups less than 0.5MOA. For loads without it they still easily less than 1MOA on the desert tech for multiple barrels and calibers. My AR-10 is welllll a run of the mill nothing special AR-10 and still prints 1.5+ groups with or without the suppressor. Never shot groups with it on the AR-15 but they still hit targets easily. I have shot a couple local matches with the can on the desert tech and places in the top ~7. Never felt like accuracy was an issue and those matches had targets out to 1325 yards. Keep in mind this is my experience and I was fortunate enough to be able to use a lathe to drill holes. I do experience a 1.5MOA downward point of impact shift when used on the DT.

Is anyone here using a solvent trap and shooting long range?

Looking at the quietbore kit and like that it comes with 1/2 and 5/8 threaded end caps. But its all stainless and 2 lbs. It also looks like a legit company.
Solvent traps direct has a couple different titanium kits, but then you buy the internals separate.

Then I see really cheap stuff on websites that are obviously shipping from china with a monocore that's already drilled, just needs a hole in the cap. But for a $200 tax stamp and $50 almost makes me want to try one. I know the cheap shit is exactly that, cheap shit. Has anybody tried one?
Keep reading. You've barely scratched the surface. Many many good products out there

I witness mark all my barrels to the can. Simple, repeatable, and quick to check.

I've only ever had 1 gun that didn't get more accurate with the can. It's a 19 Calhoun with 32gr. bullets in a Cooper that's set in a B&C stock. Handloads fixed it, but all the "factory" ammo from Calhoun opened way up.