Rifle Scopes Can't decide on an optic for my GAP 6mm Creedmoor

platapus

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2011
Wishing I was back in MT
I should be taking delivery of my Gap 6mm Creedmoor very soon and I can't decide on a scope. I have a couple of NSX mil/mil and a MK 4 ER/T mil/mil ffp and I really have no preference from sfp to ffp. I have looked at tons of scopes and am hung up on the Nightforce F1, ATACR, and the Steiner Tactical w/MSR. I am primarily a hunter and love to shoot. I do like illumination as I have made some low light shots on game that would have been a real challenge with out it. I have no intentions of shooting matches but do like to reach out to a 1000 now and then.

Help a brother out, which one? What do you guys with the similar set up and shooting interests have on yours?

Thanks

Well if you don't mind sfp that 2.5-10x42 Nightforce is popular. Check out the thread about the new GAP and Bushnell collaboration, but that one isn't illuminated. March's 3-24 and Premier LT always gets mentioned when the conversation turns to long range hunting scopes. If you don't mind a few extra ozs I'd just shoot one of those nxs's.

I'm very partial to the Premier Light Tactical as it pertains to a crossover hunting/tactical rifle scope. Great scope with excellent features for the price.

We have several in stock and available for immediate delivery. Give me a call and we can talk pricing and specifics.

I'm considering trying out the new SHV 4-14x56 from Nightforce for an upcoming build. $1100ish illuminated for Nightforce glass and reputation seems very tempting to me. 28 oz is pretty decent for an illuminated 56mm tactical scope. I do prefer mils, but I like the MOAR reticle really well. If 10x would be enough, the '42' has received glowing reports so far and is definitely on my radar.

I just bought a F1 and couldn't be happier. It's not real bulky and has 110 moa of adjustment, which came out to 78 moa after zeroing at a 100. That was on A GDI 25moa mount. In the end it was down to a S&B, Vortex, and the Nightforce. And for me IT came down to reliability, then features, then glass. And the Glass is great, don't let the bs artist full you. I had a half blind friend shot it, and at 200 yds on his first shot he hit a dead bullseye. Being made in USA didn't hurt either.

I should be taking delivery of my Gap 6mm Creedmoor very soon and I can't decide on a scope. I have a couple of NSX mil/mil and a MK 4 ER/T mil/mil ffp and I really have no preference from sfp to ffp. I have looked at tons of scopes and am hung up on the Nightforce F1, ATACR, and the Steiner Tactical w/MSR. I am primarily a hunter and love to shoot. I do like illumination as I have made some low light shots on game that would have been a real challenge with out it. I have no intentions of shooting matches but do like to reach out to a 1000 now and then.

Help a brother out, which one? What do you guys with the similar set up and shooting interests have on yours?

Thanks

Sounds like the IOR 3.5-18X50 is just what you need, comes in around 2000 dollars. Digital illumination in two colors. It's a Killer, the real deal. Get ahold of Paul at Texas combat sghooters. he'll hook you up.