• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Cantilever Mounts

Rerun7

Furious George
Minuteman
  • Feb 18, 2017
    Fayetteville, Arkansas
    I’m currently running an ADM Recon on my AR but want to move to something without vertical split rings.

QD is not a priority and I’d rather not spend more than $150 if I can find something with good quality under that.

What I’ve found so far is:
    - vortex cantilever
    - warne msr
    - burris peper
    - leupold IMS
    - aero

Any first hand experience with these, positive or negative? What are you using on your precision AR rigs?

Last edited:
    Thanks for the heads up on the JP and badger, those didn’t show up in my search.

I had originally looked at the aero but saw a few sporadic cases of them failing. Also, their design is different but was concerned it may be the same issue as a verically split ring.

Reactions: Bull81
    I have the Vortex branded precision cantilevered mount, I understand it is made for them by Seekins Precision. It is on a Mk12 ish 18" AR that has flown a few places and been driven in the trunk . Solid, no issues. Seekins makes good stuff!

I have the Vortex branded precision cantilevered mount, I understand it is made for them by Seekins Precision. It is on a Mk12 ish 18" AR that has flown a few places and been driven in the trunk . Solid, no issues. Seekins makes good stuff!

Which version do you have? I saw a couple options. If made by seekins then I agree, love their rings.

Precision Extended Cantilever Mount
    30mm Extended 20 MOA

SKU: CM-530-20

This is the one I bought. Verify about Seekins. Like I wrote, I understood that to be the case when I purchased. As with anything, change...

Vortex makes a viper cantilever mount that runs 130 for the 30mm version I believe. It’s very very similar to the warne one, to the point where warne could possibly be making them for vortex. I own the 34mm version and that ran about 150. I recently switched away from the vertically split mounts on one rifle too, from a larue to the vortex branded seekins rings. The viper cantilever mount is nice in that it is a little less expensive, but the bolts aren’t protected in any way, and I do like that the seekins made vortex mount has the recessed star bits, less chance of coming loose (in my opinion). It’ll just run you an extra 60 or so. If you’re ever on a very tight budget, the SWFA Salt mount is probably the only one 60 and under I’d trust, and sometimes it goes on sale.

I agree with the Geissele comment above. Not a fan of throw levers on a precision rifle setup, and look for a mount with a recoil lug machined in. Buy once, cry once....get the Geissele.

Watch Primary Arms, and sign-up for Geissele's newsletter, You'll find the mounts on sale at least 3-4 times/year at $100+ off. The most I've paid for any of mine is <= $225.00

Last edited:
    Would love to find the Geissele at that price but trying to stay under $200 if possible.

Right now it’s between the Vortex Precision and the Nightforce Unimount. I can get them for about the same price.

Update: went with the NF unimount

Last edited: