Carbon 6 vs Proof Barrels

Jump on here and let us know how it shoots

I have one on my 300 WinMag currently and I am shooting 0.5MOA. It is a hunting rifle so not many rounds through it. I am not a great shot and can dot eyes. Doubt the stock will be ready on the PRC until after Christmas. I assume I will have it built by January.

IMG_2695.jpg

How are you liking that Leica PRS scope?

The glass is amazingly clear. Might even be more clear than my Leica Ultravid Binos. I want to compare it to some others in the same class. I just don't see how any other scopes can come close to the optic quality in under $2700. Even less on Expert Voice.

I was originally going to put an ATACR on my next build, but damn this Leica is making me second guess that.

The glass is amazingly clear. Might even be more clear than my Leica Ultravid Binos. I want to compare it to some others in the same class. I just don't see how any other scopes can come close to the optic quality in under $2700. Even less on Expert Voice.

I was originally going to put an ATACR on my next build, but damn this Leica is making me second guess that.
I have the same one, with PRB reticle, on my Desert Tech SRSA2. To be honest I prefer a bit busier reticle—I like the tremor 3 for example—but the glass and turrets are amazing.
423E6A71-E838-468E-9F68-4C525972552E.jpeg

I am in the process of doing a new ultralight build. I had planned on doing another Proof barrel but came across Carbon 6. Anyone have a comparison here?

Ironically, when you made this post, I was cutting the tenderloins out of a buck that I had shot Sunday morning with a Carbon 6 Tikka pre-fit. Not a long shot (200yds), but it put the bullet where I wanted it. On paper, 5 shots easily were 1/2 MOA. Pretty happy with that C-6 barrel so far...

2020_MT_Hunt_hide.jpg

Carbon 6 prefit Tikka.jpg

Ironically, when you made this post, I was cutting the tenderloins out of a buck that I had shot Sunday morning with a Carbon 6 Tikka pre-fit. Not a long shot (200yds), but it put the bullet where I wanted it. On paper, 5 shots easily were 1/2 MOA. Pretty happy with that C-6 barrel so far...

View attachment 7464524

Are those charcoal briquettes or moose turds in your hide, just the right of the butt stock on the KRG Bravo?

Regardless, I enjoy reading real world endorsements like this. I almost purchased a Carbon 6 barrel in September during one of their sales but couldn't find many glowing reviews. I ended up with a Proof barrel for a few hundred extra dollars, but will give the Carbon 6 a chance next time.

Are those charcoal briquettes or moose turds in your hide, just the right of the butt stock on the KRG Bravo?

Regardless, I enjoy reading real world endorsements like this. I almost purchased a Carbon 6 barrel in September during one of their sales but couldn't find many glowing reviews. I ended up with a Proof barrel for a few hundred extra dollars, but will give the Carbon 6 a chance next time.
That's a pile of bear shit. I glassed from this position the day before. My guess is he smelled us, and decided to mark his turf. The bears in Montana are getting plentiful...and brave. We've even seen them out on the open plains (grey wolves too).