Suppressors CAT JL & TBAC Magnus

ruger35

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2019
Baton Rouge, LA
Posting this cause there isn’t too much info out on the interwebz of the CAT JL on a bolt gun. Needed to start a barrel break in after a local 600 yard competition today, so I shot a quick video my CAT JL Titanium compared to my Magnus. Rounds were FGMM 140 Grain Bergers, 6.5CM, 26” barrel.

We also shot it on a friends rifle, chambered in 6.5PRC; and without ear pro they both sounded very similar in overall sound. It did appear the Magnus peaks quicker compared to the CAT. Recoil impulse was good with both. The JL does save you a little weight and overall length. If anyone wants comparative pictures of the overall size let me know and I can add.

CAT JL

TBAC Magnus

I just got my JL yesterday. Haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet but I’m sure it’ll sound great based on what I’ve been seeing. I was a bit disappointed with the weight though. I know through the printing the weights can vary slightly but mine came in 50% heavier than advertised.

I just got my JL yesterday. Haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet but I’m sure it’ll sound great based on what I’ve been seeing. I was a bit disappointed with the weight though. I know through the printing the weights can vary slightly but mine came in 50% heavier than advertised.
I am in the same boat as you. My JL weighed the same as my Magnus, both bare with no adapters, 14.5 ounces. I emailed CAT and was asked to send a few more pictures in. If you have a seam at the end like the picture below, then you have the military core as well. There’s some info on Reddit that suggested some kind of way about 40 of these have slipped through to the public.

CAT offered to swap out to the civilian core, which would increase performance to weight ratio, but I chose to stick with the military core. Gave me another excuse to buy a Magnus S 😂

Attachments

• IMG_3644.jpeg
    IMG_3644.jpeg
    462.7 KB · Views: 44