• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Cat Tacos

WTF-2-EDC

Private
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2024
So. CA
Just returned from Springfield from a post-debate cat hunt. Nailed a nice fat Tabby and got a Haitian recipe for this:

elktaco.gif

Tomorrow I'm gonna try making Tabby Taquitos.

When I was a wee lad of about 4, we lived off base in Okinawa. I don't recall the name of the base and don't care to figure it out right now. It was a cinderblock house with a cinderblock fence most of the way around it. It overlooked a big rice paddy that was take care of by an old guy we called Papa San. He was about 80 years old then. He was Portugese but had married an Okinawan woman and raised a big family, most of whom had died in WW2. He admired my Dad because Papa San was maybe 4'11" and my Dad was 6'5" and there us 2 boys. Big medicine type thing. He was always talking to us, teaching us Okinawan and Portugese and giving us things like huge Praying Mantis or some candy or something weird to eat. My mom told us to respect this old man and we did, we honored him by tasting everything he gave us and cherished the gifts and time he spent with us. Papa San gave us a puppy we named Naisan. He told us that meant "little girl". When Naisan was about a year old, she disappeared. We hunted for her all around the neighborhood, knocking on doors and talking to all of our neighbors. The next day, we told Papa San. He was saddened but he told us that she had most likely been taken and turned into a tasty meal. She was "healthy" so she was desirable. We were horrified but he assured us that it would be ok. Sometime later, he gave us something to eat and it was damned tasty. He then told us it was dog. Well.....it was damned tasty dog.

EDIT...I found an old pic. That's my brother and Naisan...both now deceased. Papa San would take the pinchers off those big praying mantis for a while, then he gave then to me whole and I'd find grasshoppers and such to feed them. As Spock would say, "Fascinating."
1726360293211.jpeg
1726360293211.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: NoDopes
Be very, very careful while processing the carcass.
Cat Scratch Fever isn't just a Nugent song.
I got to meet Uncle Ted once. In Dallas. I have his two books. "God, Guns, and Rock and Roll" and "Kill It and Grill it!"

He was to play a show in town and do a book signing in the morning. However, he had to have emergency root canal surgery. He would be recovered in time for the show but not the book signing.

So, he made a promise that he kept. He flew back on his own dime and honored the book signing. So, I have his two books autographed.

Some Nugent trivia, sort of. In Dallas, I had some neighbors in a condo who liked to play dance music really loud.

So, I turned my Fender 85 amp to the wall and jacked my Flying V in to my Roland GS-6 rack mount effects processor. I always try to get close to his signature sound of the Gibson ES-335 "Birdland" semi-hollow body. I gave them some "Cat Scratch Fever" and some "Snakeskin Cowboy."

Ah, thanks for the memories.

So, I turned my Fender 85 amp to the wall and jacked my Flying V in to my Roland GS-6 rack mount effects processor. I always try to get close to his signature sound of the Gibson ES-335 "Birdland" semi-hollow body. I gave them some "Cat Scratch Fever" and some "Snakeskin Cowboy(s)."

Ah, thanks for the memories.
🎸Daaah, da da da-da...da-da daaah, da da-da daaah...🎸
:love:

• Love
Reactions: Ronws