• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

CDG magazines

Crotalus

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2008
Santa Rosa, Ca
Been out of the loop for a while. I have a CDG and wondering if any new hunting style mags have come out or coming out? Like a 5 round AW mag or similar?
Another thought I had is…. Could a Sako 90 mag work if a proper bottom metal was created? The Sako is also a 3 lug, when cycling the lug is in the 6’oclock position to pick up the round just like a CDG. Those are 5 round, double stack, steel, flush fit mags. Pretty sweet that would be

Why is there no motivation to make a 5 round double stack mag? A 5 rounder would be nearly flush and probably feed more smoothly than aics.
“I don’t always hunt with a five round AW magazine, but when I do, it has a hinged floor plate.”

-The Most Interesting Man in Earth

Because there's no demand.

Competition shooters don't want it. Neither does .gov.

How many people are hunting with AW mags?
I agree with everything except now that my Samson stock and shit is in, if I could find a 5 rounder I'd take it hunting.
even as it sits I mag try to get away with a regular AW mag, idk. it says 10 rounds on it...
eta not because i give a shit what mag my hunting rifle takes, but because I'm enamored with this foundation stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: kthomas