Chapo's son kidnapped Mayo Zambada

Forgetful Coyote

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2011
Georgia
Surprised no one is talking about this..

The biggest drug lord since Escobar gets "tricked" into a 1-way trip to gringolandia by his own godson, and son of his former partner/co-founder of the Sinaloa Cartel, Joaquin Guzman Loera 'El Chapo', who is the father of Joaquin Guzman Lopez(Mayos godson that kidnapped him).

Craziest story in the drug world so far this century, by a long shot. Details are still super murky. Three-four different stories/versions are currently floating around.

But the one that keeps popping up the most, and has been apparently verified by Mayo himself in a letter communicated through his lawyer, is that Joaquin Jr was essentially acting as a US Agent(presumably to get a sweet plea deal for himself and help his brother Ovidio as well, who was extradited last year & awaiting trial).

@Skunk please tell me you got some insight dude this is some incredulous shit 😳
I follow this drug war thing intently... And a month ago, id have bet half my life savings that old dinosaur would die comfortably in his bed surrounded by friends and family. 50+ years at the very tip top of the narco world, never seen a jail cell once. Many thought he was already dead...

I don't even know how to begin to wrap my head around this one or even any input really aside from absolute astonishment. If there's anyone I thought NEVER would be caught, it'd be "king" Zambada. His sister Modesta is married to a fckn CIA agent/asset that we used quite a bit in our Cuban and Nicaraguan shenanigans.

The only input I really have to add here is there is some shaky/sketchy precedent for this not working in the DOJ's favor.
Dr. Machain, the doctor who kept Kiki Camarena alive so that the narcos & DFS agents could torture him longer, was also extrajudicially kidnapped(by an undercover DEA agent). And they ultimately had to set him free because of that...

\/\/\/ - very loosely adapted/dramatized.. but still an absolutely EXCELLENT show!
But yes .. that Doctor? He's a free man. They let him go once he started making all that noise about kidnapping.. so we'll see how this plays out.

But I doubt DOJ is letting go of Mayo under any circumstances. He's literally the MOST POWERFUL kingpin in the world currently. Basically the last of the old guard that was still free. Only one left now(of the old school major big league bosses) is Chapos brother Aureliano 'El Guano' Guzman Loera.
This is serious high level shit. Old man Zambada kept a certain peace and order in the narco world(at least in his plazas/areas of control). And has dirt on 4 decades or more of the highest levels of .gov on BOTH sides of the border.

A strong bet would be they'll give him an offer he can't refuse, to testify against the entire corrupt political machine of Mx, in order to give justification to put US boots on the ground in Mexico proper... To give us another unwinnable money pit "war"....

Last edited:
Yea when this happened I was shocked and very surprised it wasn’t a bigger deal to anyone.

Lil chupito must have a HELL off a deal offered to him.
Has to. I'm guessing immediate witsec for Joaquin Jr, and time served then straight to witsec for Ovidio as well
Along with a possible transfer to more amenable living arrangements for their father Chapo, too..

He was much more low profile than Chapo, Escobar, etc... but in reality.. he was bigger than Chapo. This guy was literally the modern day Escobar as far as power/wealth/influence!
Multiple witnesses in Chapos trial actually testified to the fact that Mayo was ultimately Chapos boss... Or at the very least, controlled a much more powerful faction of the Sinaloa Cartel.

Still a pyrrhic victory, so to speak, though. Mayo is like 77 years old. With diabetes and also I believe kidney failure. He's been semi-retired for the better part of a decade or more now, with his son 'Mayito Flaco' running the Zambada faction now(and proving to be just as competent and elusive as his father...For proof, just follow the past year or 2 of the Battle for Zacatecas. Zambada 's armed wing "Grupo Flechas" has kicked "the almighty" CJNG's ass completely out of the state, now making small incursions into Jalisco proper: CJNG's home state.
"The pups have grown fangs", as they say ..

Basically watching the changing of the guard- Los Chapitos(Chapos sons) have consolidated control of Chapos faction of Sinaloa, and Mayito Flaco now runs the Zambada faction.
Chapo's brother Aureliano is a bit of a wild card, and runs his own faction.

But this is precisely why the Sinaloa Cartel is SO difficult to dismantle. There are dozens and dozens of families, some bigger/more powerful, some smaller... that each control their own faction but ultimately work under the same umbrella to put it simply..

Last edited:
Sorry, man. I don’t follow this shit at all. Never been my area of investigation…
since some of you guys seem to admit being drug cops of some sort,got questions,comments and requests.
this story sounds a lot like what has been shown about the competitive actions of the sicilian mafia in 20s-70s. close?
what is your belief about legalizing drugs as libert party wants? it does seem to me that the volstead act gave the mafia a big chance to profit from etoh,which most people were not giving up. that $ power got them into pol corruption,unions,prost,protection etc? your opinions?
seems to me like crack put black & latin gangs a boost. i know coke gave the latin gangs an open door in the 80s.
if what you relate is true (don't think you are making it up) updated info is educational and informative as MSM is FOS about that stuff like all else.

since some of you guys seem to admit being drug cops of some sort,got questions,comments and requests.
this story sounds a lot like what has been shown about the competitive actions of the sicilian mafia in 20s-70s. close?
what is your belief about legalizing drugs as libert party wants? it does seem to me that the volstead act gave the mafia a big chance to profit from etoh,which most people were not giving up. that $ power got them into pol corruption,unions,prost,protection etc? your opinions?
seems to me like crack put black & latin gangs a boost. i know coke gave the latin gangs an open door in the 80s.
if what you relate is true (don't think you are making it up) updated info is educational and informative as MSM is FOS about that stuff like all else.
There is potentially a lot to unpack here. So, I’ll preface my opinion (and this will be my personal opinion and not the opinion/position of the agency I’m employed by) by saying I have never “worked” or investigated drug/gang matters at all, and I have never had any family/friends harmed or negatively affected by illegal drugs or the people associated with them.

That said, in my eight yrs of SWAT experience, three of those along the southwest border, most of the people we arrested were the subjects of drug investigations. That whole scene is shitheads selling shit to other shitheads, and sometimes they kill each other over it. I’ve also arrested cops who were running drugs in their marked cars….for the money.

I don’t know if the law really makes a difference in this area; most of the arrestees had previous criminal history for the same types of crimes/convictions.

I kinda lean toward letting the shitheads have at it, knock themselves out, kill each other, etc. I’m all for putting dirty cops and public officials in jail.

The vacuum will be filled after a lot of blood shed. Maybe that's the goal. Let the games begin and the top levels eliminate each other until there's a victor and the routine starts over
Speaking of the devil..

Blowback will be one of the biggest things we've seen in the drug war. This guy was pretty much a narco dinosaur. Top of the pyramid since the 70's and never seen a jail cell, and basically the name that put fear and respect in every cartel and politician involved in the entire western hemisphere. Id have bet a lot of money they'd never get this dude. But here we are...
@Skunk 's buddies don't seem to be spilling the beans... So I'll just throw a "rumor" going around amongst us mere mortals- ultimate goal for DC from this move was already kinda laid out on Sicario 1 & 2. As I said "if this was baseball, Zambada would be starting for the New York Yankees." And that's a quote from a Mexican crime author/expert back in the fckn 80's. They want him to testify against the top levels of Mex gov't that Mexico is a rogue narco state and therefore give justification for a US .mil invasion. Id say that's a helluva hasty decision and every option should be exhausted before killing our neighbors and sending Mexico right into the arms of BRICS, but people have been thrown in jail for saying less, so..

@Skunk 's buddies don't seem to be spilling the beans... So I'll just throw a "rumor" going around amongst us mere mortals- ultimate goal for DC from this move was already kinda laid out on Sicario 1 & 2. As I said "if this was baseball, Zambada would be starting for the New York Yankees." And that's a quote from a Mexican crime author/expert back in the fckn 80's. They want him to testify against the top levels of Mex gov't that Mexico is a rogue narco state and therefore give justification for a US .mil invasion. Id say that's a helluva hasty decision and every option should be exhausted before killing our neighbors and sending Mexico right into the arms of BRICS, but people have been thrown in jail for saying less, so..
My buddies? Who arrested this guy? I haven’t looked at any of the articles you linked….

DC (DOJ?) projects intent via movies?

I’m absolutely sure this is a government conspiracy dating back to the 1938 Nazi plan to assasinate Trump.

• Haha
Reactions: Jscb1b
My buddies? Who arrested this guy? I haven’t looked at any of the articles you linked….

DC (DOJ?) projects intent via movies?

I’m absolutely sure this is a government conspiracy dating back to the 1938 Nazi plan to assasinate Trump.
Yea.. your buddies in the FBI. Arrested them in El Paso.
Something about a rift between the FBI and DEA + SDNY.
If you haven't seen the chants for military intervention in Mexico you haven't been paying attention.
Someone in government gave this kid a strong motivation to kidnap his multi billionaire criminal mastermind godfather.

Reactions: Skunk
This sounds like some Ukraine/Russia mobster shit. Concerns me none.

I'm for open drug policies. Let anyone that wants drugs, have them! You want a bottle of oxy, you should be able to go to the drug store and buy the bottle. You want to win the war on drugs, let those that want them, have them. People will find the balance or be stuffed in a coffin, just like booze. Show up to work stoned day after day, employers will fix that behavior.