• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Check my build sheet (and my sanity)

Honky

Tennessee Squire
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2013
Kansas
So I bough my first AR last year, just a basic S&W with iron sights, and now I've got the bug. Now I'm trying to put together an SPR-ish rifle.

Here's what I already have:

Stripped lower
Geissele SSA-E
WOA lower part kit, less trigger (on order)
WOA A2 buttstock kit (on order)
Leupold Mk4 3.5-10
Magpul flip-up rear sight
Turner Nat'l Match sling

To buy: ADM Recon mount
accessories and stuff from Triad Tactical

I'm either going to buy a PRI 18" upper: Precision Reflex - Product Detail - 18" 3 Gun Shooters Special Black finish - $1,051.90
Or a JP 18" upper (although I won't get it in that exact config): JP Rifles

With my options (including extra rails and a magpul flip up front sight), the JP comes out to $1094 on the rifle builder, with a wait time of "8-18 weeks," their site says. The PRI has a Douglas barrel, which I think is cool, and its $1051 with no wait time. However, the JP comes with their adj gas system (will eventually end up getting a suppressor, so. . .) and enhanced bolt. Everything I've read suggests that JP is absolutely GTG; PRI has few reviews, but [MENTION=12158]Dogtown[/MENTION] has one of their Mk12 uppers and says it's solid.

Purpose of this build is to shoot steel and paper out to 300 yds for now, an maybe as far as 6-700 soon. What do y'all think? This all look decent? Just makin sure I'm not insane, here.