cheek pad for M1A / M14?

500grains

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2008
dirt nap
I am looking for suggestions for a cheek pad for an M1A rifle w/ scope mounted. Your suggestions? Thanks.

fig72.gif

Re: cheek pad for M1A / M14?

Which stock do you have (standard M14/M1A/walnut/synthetic/etc.)? There are several options out there ranging from those that permanently modify your stock, to the lace on/velcro on options, but need to know what setup you are currently running.

I dig the Blackhawk with the hawktex.

/www.blackhawk.com/product/HawkTex-Tactical-Cheek-Pad-Adjustable,606,662.htm

Also depends on how high the scope sits. 34mm tube and a 50mm objective and your gonna need something higher

Without going the stock mod route and installing a Karsten cheek rest, the Smith Enterprises rest is a good option as long as you don't need more than around 1/2" of extra height on your stock's comb. If you need more than that, then the Blackhawk model will serve you better as it has several "inserts" that you can put in or take out to adjust the overall height higher than the Smith Ent version. Cal's has the BH model on sale right now for cheap!

http://www.calssportingarmory.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BH90CP01BK

You don't want the one in the picture. It is for the M1D with its off set scope. The mounts and scope will have alot to do with the height needed. I used ARMS bases and rings which are rather low and found that an old leather pad I bought years ago from Cabela's worked perfectly as it only added 1/2 an inch to the comb.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Valken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know I completely forgot about these until I read this thread this morning. A friend of mine had one out this weekend it worked well. Check them out www.m14cheekpad.com/</div></div>

I know it can be used by some people. I'm not one of them as I have an xxl head and only need a little elevation. This pad does offset the shooters head and I believe most people would be better served with other options. I own one of these and they are a quality product but with a specialized application.

We are in the process of putting together a cheek rest for Smith Enterprises. It will include a portion using "slip-not" fabric, which is an awesome friggin' material.

We just ordered the slip-not last week, but will try to post pics up once we have them ready. Probably another week or two.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghillie Zen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are in the process of putting together a cheek rest for Smith Enterprises. It will include a portion using "slip-not" fabric, which is an awesome friggin' material.

We just ordered the slip-not last week, but will try to post pics up once we have them ready. Probably another week or two. </div></div>

Very interested to see this new product as I am also in the market for one.

check out the one springfield offers.straps on like a eagle but has three different height pillows that velcro in from the bottom.light years ahead of the lace on leather from 1950.

I bought one of the Smith Ent. ones for my GI stocked LRB. It simply sucked. It would not tighten enough to hold it in place. I don't know if it was made incorrectly in China or what, but it went straight back to Brownells.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bosshoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought one of the Smith Ent. ones for my GI stocked LRB. It simply sucked. It would not tighten enough to hold it in place. I don't know if it was made incorrectly in China or what, but it went straight back to Brownells. </div></div>

eek.gif
Not sure who made those, but the ones we are putting together for them will be gtg! And they will be 100% US made!