• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

chevron deference is dead. Now what can we expect?

Ruling just dropped.

Curious how this will effect things & not just the pew pew overreach.
The left and the deep state are having a coronary as we speak.

Beyond that it will take a while to shake out. Why? Because technically ANYTHING done (in that manner) by any Federal Agency or Department since 1984 is currently on the chopping block for decapitation and should (at least in theory) revert back to exactly what was written in the law.

This will take YEARS of lawsuits and legal challenges to get sorted. All these regulatory agencies are going to have to be dragged kicking and screaming into it
It shouldn't take years (but it will).

Now (supposedly) when these so called 'experts' want to change a law they will need to go in front of Congress and tell THEM why whatever it is they want to do is a good idea. Just the sheer process of that alone will be daunting (for them) which is how it was supposed to be all along.

For those that have watched this closely, help me understand something. This is the 3rd ruling like this right? One of the others was against the EPA and they got smacked down hard about a year ago. What is different with this one that everyone is suddenly paying attention?

Last edited:
For those that have watched this closely, help me understand something. This is the 3rd ruling like this right? One of the others was against the EPA and they got smacked down hard about a year ago. What is different with this one that everyone is suddenly paying attention?
This essentially makes all of atf recent bans and decisions illegal that were not made law by congress. It also stops atf from interpretation of the law and making things not illegal illegal. Requires congress to pass law as it should be.

This essentially makes all of atf recent bans and decisions illegal that were not made law by congress. It also stops atf from interpretation of the law and making things not illegal illegal. Requires congress to pass law as it should be.

The question is, how is it different than the other rulings before it? Unless I'm mistaken, chevron deference was already nuked.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
The question is, how is it different than the other rulings before it? Unless I'm mistaken, chevron deference was already nuked.
The other rulings only dealt with those certain cases like the bump stock, epa and some others. They were about the agencies overstepping Chevron and making up new laws not just interpretation. It only had anything to do with those specific cases while this one affects all cases and all agencies.

In 2022 the SCOTUS ruled against the EPA in a specific case.

Today they revoked and removed the entire premise that originally allowed so much broad leeway given to any agency.

The entire premise that agencies could interpret stuff how they like was born out of the original Chevron Deference which allowed it to go on.

In the EPA case it was a singular example of what kind of abuse they were talking about. That particular case said the EPA went too far and was overruled, but up until today Chevron was still the rule. The EPA case was a 'how far is too far' situation.

The case today threw out the entire legal basis for anyone ever in any agency coast to coast to ever even bring up the idea that those agencies are entitled to make such decisions. It was basically the total death penalty for that concept.

Shows how screwed our government is that the SC has to make a decision to say something that is already not allowed is now not allowed. I would think circumventing the legislative branch as all these alphabet agencies have done should be prosecuted and punished....not reviewed and and a decision made to tell them that the illegal things they have done are now illegal just as they were before. Probably just lip service to pacify while staus quo rolls on.

Shows how screwed our government is that the SC has to make a decision to say something that is already not allowed is now not allowed. I would think circumventing the legislative branch as all these alphabet agencies have done should be prosecuted and punished....not reviewed and and a decision made to tell them that the illegal things they have done are now illegal just as they were before. Probably just lip service to pacify while staus quo rolls on.
I agree with you, for sure. That said it was a case of give them an inch and they will take a mile.

For example back in the mid 1980s if something wasn't 100% clear in regards to a particular regulation those agencies were given leeway to connect the dots.

Back when it was originally instituted they were not really going all the way to left field, at least not at first. For example if the law says "you cannot dump toxic chemicals in the river", when it came up in court the defense says, "who gets to define what is toxic?" The answer came back in the form of 'agencies have leeway in matters like this', which is basically what Chevron Deference is.

Over time though those same agencies started making up laws out of thin air and every time it went to court they would say, "we get deference in this matter" and had a legal basis to get what they wanted and win in court.

Flash forward and you have the potato in charge telling agencies to essentially create "new laws" and such and they didn't have to ask anyone (or so they thought). When questioned it would get the response that "it's not a law, it's a regulation and we get the deference to create those"...

That is, until today.

Last edited:
The other rulings only dealt with those certain cases like the bump stock, epa and some others. They were about the agencies overstepping Chevron and making up new laws not just interpretation. It only had anything to do with those specific cases while this one affects all cases and all agencies.

In 2022 the SCOTUS ruled against the EPA in a specific case.

Today they revoked and removed the entire premise that originally allowed so much broad leeway given to any agency.

The entire premise that agencies could interpret stuff how they like was born out of the original Chevron Deference which allowed it to go on.

In the EPA case it was a singular example of what kind of abuse they were talking about. That particular case said the EPA went too far and was overruled, but up until today Chevron was still the rule. The EPA case was a 'how far is too far' situation.

The case today threw out the entire legal basis for anyone ever in any agency coast to coast to ever even bring up the idea that those agencies are entitled to make such decisions. It was basically the total death penalty for that concept.

Got it thanks.

Reactions: oneshot86
I agree with you, for sure. That said it was a case of give them an inch and they will take a mile.

For example back in the mid 1980s if something wasn't 100% clear in regards to a particular regulation those agencies were given leeway to connect the dots.

Back when it was originally instituted they were not really going all the way to left field, at least not at first. For example if the law says "you cannot dump toxic chemicals in the river", when it came up in court the defense says, "who gets to define what is toxic?" The answer came back in the form of 'agencies have leeway in matters like this', which is basically what Chevron Deference is.

Over time though those same agencies started making up laws out of thin air and every time it went to court they would say, "we get deference in this matter" and had a legal basis to get what they wanted and win in court.

Flash forward and you have the potato in charge telling agencies to essentially create "new laws" and such and they didn't have to ask anyone (or so they thought). When questioned it would get the response that "it's not a law, it's a regulation and we get the deference to create those"...

That is, until today.
Would this potentially open the door for those who have been prosecuted based on "because we say so" to have convictions overturned?

This post is entirely ZERO HELP. Buuut if I were King, I would fire every single Federal employee (except for a few "mandatory" to keep things running employees) And totally wipe the administrative state clean. Go back to the Federalist papers concepts and allow the citizens to call the shots as designed. Our whole concept of "for the people by the people" was corrupted and the slow march to the downfall of the republic probably only 10-15 years into the whole concept. Incrementalism ie; one bite at a time is now clearly in force and we are possibly fatally corrupted by the deep state. Our forefathers knew all of this and even predicted this and tried to keep our current situation from becoming reality, but I am sadly considering their concept is on the brink of another Rome situation........

Would this potentially open the door for those who have been prosecuted based on "because we say so" to have convictions overturned?
I would assume so, if that was the actual situation. That said it's all 100% new territory legally speaking.

I don't know how much of these cases involve criminal law vs say regulatory stuff. I'm sure in some cases it might spill over but who knows. That's beyond my pay grade.

There were criticisms, but they had not yet overruled it. Chevron was still good law until now.

Basically, since 1984 Chevron has said that if a statute is unclear or ambiguous, then the courts are forced to defer to an agency's interpretation if it is reasonable.

Today, the court said, no. It is the court's job, not executive agencies' job, to say what the law is. Courts review the statute and the regulation and do not defer to the agency determination. It has not been this way since 1984, which meant most agency rules were upheld. The left is having a cow, because now these rules made from ambiguous or unclear statutes are subject to court challenge.

Now the rule is that federal courts may not defer to an agency's interpretation of an ambiguous statute.

Chevron allowed government to grow and grow.

The left fears government regulation will be reined in.

I would assume so, if that was the actual situation. That said it's all 100% new territory legally speaking.

I don't know how much of these cases involve criminal law vs say regulatory stuff. I'm sure in some cases it might spill over but who knows. That's beyond my pay grade.
You are assuming the law and legality means anything at this point considering what is happening with illegal immigration as an example, it’s outright an invasion and the executive branch who is supposed to support and defend the laws ignore them, and the lawmakers sit idle.

You know, I'm not thrilled with everything the court has decided, nor everything Trump did /didn't do, but good grief we sure do owe Trump a real debt of gratitude for doing all he's done and gone through and getting this court in place! Finally getting rid of this horrendous chevron crap is absolutely huge across the board and Trump is why it's happened. All our concerns aren't alleviated but this is a huge blow to the deep state bureaucrats and their incremental taking of our rights.

Because the IN-Justice Dept. is run by the executive with the little minnions doing the potatoes bidding (or at least the shadow puppet)......... Zero enforcement all without consequences, no "impeachement" unless you are an R or RINO, and zero enforcement of the laws they are sworn and bound to protect.........
It's a shit show live 24/7

Reactions: UKDslayer

Theoretically every J6 should be released - but you know they will drag it out and require every defendant to go through legal hoops.

Last edited: