• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Christensen Arms Ridgeline FFT Cracked Stock

zmen

Private
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2023
Dallas TX
I was wondering if anybody has seen their CA stock crack right here before? Noticed it the day after a short range session. Total round count on the rifle is only 241 rounds. 300 Win Mag running pretty mild handloads ( 200 gr ELD-X with 66.4 gr of IMR4350 ). I have had this rifle sent in for warranty work before cause the bolt knob had snapped after being tripped by my dog with the rifle in my hand and it hitting the ground lol. So maybe it happened during that whole mess but was only a tiny hairline crack that has now grown to this? I figured I would of seen it before hand and also would think CA would of caught while installing a new bolt.

Attachments

• IMG_3255.JPG
    IMG_3255.JPG
    799.3 KB · Views: 84
Don’t tell them you were shooting handloads. Your warranty will be voided.
I figured. When they asked in the forum you have to submit I did check the handload option but toward the end I thought about it and changed it to factory loads before I submitted. Wasn't gonna chance it. Already got an email back saying to send it on in.

I've heard entirely different things about CA customer service through the years. I absolutely don't believe they'd be looking for anything.
Not wrong, I have heard great things and some very not great things about them. But with my 1 experience I have had it was great, so fingers crossed for a smooth transaction this time as well.

Not wrong, I have heard great things and some very not great things about them. But with my 1 experience I have had it was great, so fingers crossed for a smooth transaction this time as well.

You got lucky in my experience.

I'm still not sure how they offer an moa guarantee. Every one I've seen needed a new barrel before it was capable of meeting the guarantee.

You got lucky in my experience.

I'm still not sure how they offer an moa guarantee. Every one I've seen needed a new barrel before it was capable of meeting the guarantee.
I only had one that was a dud, and they made it right and replaced it, and the other 4 have shot sub-1/2 MOA 3 shot groups, and around 1/2 MOA 5-shot groups out of the box... But I also handload for everything.

I figured. When they asked in the forum you have to submit I did check the handload option but toward the end I thought about it and changed it to factory loads before I submitted. Wasn't gonna chance it. Already got an email back saying to send it on in.
I think post number six dropped a dime on your "only factory loads" story........LOL

Good Luck!

I only had one that was a dud, and they made it right and replaced it, and the other 4 have shot sub-1/2 MOA 3 shot groups, and around 1/2 MOA 5-shot groups out of the box... But I also handload for everything.
I have heard the horror stories about having to send rifles back for re-barreling just to get that 1/2 moa guarantee but luckily mine is pretty spot on.

I think post number six dropped a dime on your "only factory loads" story........LOL

Good Luck!
In all honesty if they say I have to pay for a new stock I will probably just tell them to send me back the barreled action and I'll spend the extra few hundo and drop it into a Manners LRH, when I bought the rifle I liked the stock at first but after a couple hundred rounds I'm finding out that I don't really care for it as it doesn't fit me well. Where as I've shot a few LRH's and love them.

Reactions: FuhQ
I have heard the horror stories about having to send rifles back for re-barreling just to get that 1/2 moa guarantee but luckily mine is pretty spot on.
It’s really not that big of a deal if you own more than 1 gun, but people act like it is. 🤷🏼

I can’t tell you how much random other shit I’ve bought that I had to send back over the years. Hell, I just shipped back a brand new Razor Gen 3 to Vortex yesterday for optical, parallax, and reticle issues. That scope now MSRP’s at like $4,700… Shit happens and lemons slip through. They’ll make it right, but people always tend to blow things out of proportion. Does it suck, and is it inconvenient as hell? Absolutely… But it is what it is.

It’s really not that big of a deal if you own more than 1 gun, but people act like it is. 🤷🏼

I can’t tell you how much random other shit I’ve bought that I had to send back over the years. Hell, I just shipped back a brand new Razor Gen 3 to Vortex yesterday for optical, parallax, and reticle issues. That scope now MSRP’s at like $4,700… Shit happens and lemons slip through. They’ll make it right, but people always tend to blow things out of proportion. Does it suck, and is it inconvenient as hell? Absolutely… But it is what it is.
True that! even the best companies out there can't ship out perfect product every single time, It's how they take care of the issue is what matters!

Reactions: FuhQ