• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Clark Custom Guns

Nathan11B

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2011
Osseo, Minnesota
www.facebook.com
Okay just got a couple questions for all of you. From what I know Clark Custom Guns seems like a legit place to have work done. What I'm looking for though is personal experience, pictures and or testimony of their work. I don't have a problem spending the money, just would like to hear about their work, services and the results. Thank you for your time.

Re: Clark Custom Guns

I bought a barrel from them for my Ruger 77/22 and they shipped it right away. I have no complaints but I have never had them do any custom work.

Sounds like I'm gonna start saving my pennies for this little project that I'm putting together. As it sits this is the plan: Clark Custom Guns for barrel and trigger job, a McMillian stock if I can't find a tactical stock anywhere else for my Ruger and lastly a scope although I don't think it will be in this order though. My Ruger is wearing a Bushnell 1.5-4.5x scope which makes these competitions a little harder lol It's fun and I need to get back to the basic.

They did an accuracy job on a Colt Gold Cup for me, and it since it has come back, it will group under 2" at 50 yards. Before I sent it in, it was more like 4" at 25 yards.

I should dig it out of the safe and shoot it one of these days.

They built me a 1911 hardball gun for Service Pistol on a Norinco frame. The gunsmith that I talked to from Clark when we discussed the project advised me to just leave the Norinco barrel on it as they are some of the best they've seen. I was skeptical, but figured it would save me some money and I could always send it back to get a Kart fitted if I didn't like it. When I finally got it, the test target it shipped with was 1 5/8" at 50 yards! For 10 shots! It is an absolute hammer and I don't see how I could ever reach it's accuracy potential. I haven't shot as much Service Pistol as I'd like, but it's nice to know that if I ever decide to take a break from rifle matches and seriously go after the DP badge, I've got the tools to do it.

On a CS note: On my first call to them I was quoted a 6-8 week turnaround by someone there that shouldn't have been giving time estimates. Their actual build times at the time were closer to 1 year. After explaining to them what had happened and how I had made shooting season plans based loosely on the quote, they kicked it into gear and got it to me in about 4 months total. The initial miscommunication was simple human error and they made an honest effort to fix it so I don't hold it against them. I've come to expect any gunsmithing job to take longer than quoted anyways. They always answered the phone when I had questions and were professional.

I'd use them again for 1911 work.

Question for all of you. How tight should be the bottom screws on a 77/22LR. Because I'm just taking a look at the trigger and when I bulled the action out of the rifle the screws at best were finger tight. No effort with a screw driver to take them out. Is that wrong ?