• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Sidearms & Scatterguns Clear "kydex" holster for my Caracal F - And More

stmcelroy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2006
Madras, OR
www.rkbaholsters.com
Bought a Caracal F last week and got around to shooting it on Sunday. Very happy with how it shoots, was beating my Glock 17 right from the get go and i've been shooting Glock's a long time.

So I figured it was worthy of a holster and I just got in some clear "kydex". Pulls the gun in nice and tight, basically an identical copy of my Glock 17 holster but it's in black.

ClearKydexCaracalFHolster.jpg

Re: Clear "kydex" holster for my Caracal F - Pic

Interesting holster. Let me know how it holds up. I had a buddy who owns a holster company who was trying to make clear ones like yours but he had terrible quality control out of them.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AiahMrRM39g"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AiahMrRM39g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bornhunter04</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's pretty cool. Where'd you get the clear kydex at? I've never seen that before. </div></div>

Super secret kydex supplier....<span style="font-size: 8pt">knifekits.com</span>
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigMerv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How easy is it to work with? The same as similar thickness kydex? </div></div>

Yeah, but it's a lot more sensitive to heat. I only put it in the toaster oven at 300 degrees for 3-1/2 minutes, compare that to 8 minutes for regular kydex.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where do you get a caracal ? I've been seaching locally for a while. Are mags easy to get as well ? </div></div>

Got it and 2 extra magazines from a dealer in Nevada, pretty sure they are out.

Centerfire Systems has guns and magazines in stock.

Caracal USA(GSI) will be the importer in the next few months, until that happens guns, magazines and parts will be hard to come by.