cloning the xm3 rifle with an ops inc suppressor

Dsparil

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2006
Albrightsville, PA
what barrel length would be needed for this in order to prevent the nearest part of the 3rd model 12 .308 can from banging into the badger ordnance efr? I noticed the surefire can is not as long as the ops inc so I'm guessing the barrel length would have to go from 18.5 to about 19.5. has anyoned toyed with this or tried measuring this before? I was going to get myself an FN SPR or the LMT .308 but I've decided, after shooting a friends little rifle out in liberty texas(his had a 20" barrel), that'd I'd be happier with a smaller rifle than what I had before with 20" or less barrel, ops inc, manners t3 stock, badger ordnance efr and remington action. FN SPR prices have gone up to the point that I could easily spend just as much money on a little pet project.

any input would be great.

ETA: oh and the scope that'll be on it is a vortex razor HD that's already on the way so the badger efr is going REALLLY be at the very end of the stock's forend.

Re: cloning the xm3 rifle with an ops inc suppressor

I may be reading this wrong, but I think you'll be fine with a 18.5" barrel. Keep this in mind about the SF and OpsInc suppressors:

- Surefire FA762SS is 9.8" in length, adds 5.75" to the rifle OAL.
- OpsInc 12th is 11" in length, and adds 8" to the rifle OAL.

So, a 20" barrel with an OpsInc is 28" OAL, while an XM3 Clone with an 18.5" barrel is 24.25" OAL. I'd say based on the OpsInc overlap of only 1.5", this suppressor would allow for an even shorter barrel. Again, I may be reading this backwards, so don't go spending any money based solely on this post.

Here's a pic of my 18.5" barrel and SF FA762SS (XM3 Clone) in a McMillan A5. I don't know much about the Manners stock, but there's plenty of real estate on the McM for a NV Rail.

P8030211.jpg