• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Compass lake engineering back?

I read online that they are restructuring and taking orders. Anyone confirm this? If so, how do I get ahold of them?
Where did you hear this?

I know they have limited their production to larger wholesale orders. They currently do our Mk12 Douglas barrels, and I know they do the same for another firm. We ship barrel blanks to CLE, and they profile, chamber and finish in bulk. No one-off special orders, all the one type of barrel per work order. This has simplified their work, and slimmed their inventory holding costs, and for us, has given us much better turnaround time.

I cannot speak for Conrad, as businesses change, but this has been what was communicated to me, and how we have been working with them for the past year or so.

Like any business, you either specialize and concentrate on work, or you staff-up and spend money on customer service and complexities of changing out settings to do one-offs. These are different businesses with a different overhead. Hard to do both.

FWIW, I know that one of their former barrel smiths opened a shop down the road.