• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

CORE Rifles?

SuperSneakySniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
Hey there folks,

Just wondering, I've seen a lot of rifle builders get mentioned here but I havent seen much on the guys from CORE Shooting Solutions.

Anyone have experience with their rifles?

I have my action on the way from them. Should be here tomorrow. They were absolutely excellent with customer service and I’ll be a customer of theirs moving forward. I intend to post a full review once I get everything together. They’ll be chambering a few barrels for me.

If I’m not mistaken, Francis Kuehl is the one who chambers/builds their barreled actions/rifles. His work is legit, look him up.

yep for all their BA. I have a tl3 from him that is one of the most accurate ive shot. Core in general is one of a kind bc they are tailored for PRS - keep stuff in stock and keep stock current. I see those guys as trend setters and just solid setup.

Reactions: Patriots1884
We really appreciate all the kind words. We are a small team but we are doing our best to put out the best products that we can...to include full rifle builds. To answer a previous post, yes, Francis is doing builds for us as well as Ern Stokesberry, a long-time GA Precision builder. Ern is co-located with us now and is turning out some sweet rifles. We are hoping to increase our presence on the Hide so please let us know if we can answer any questions that you may have.

We really appreciate all the kind words. We are a small team but we are doing our best to put out the best products that we can...to include full rifle builds. To answer a previous post, yes, Francis is doing builds for us as well as Ern Stokesberry, a long-time GA Precision builder. Ern is co-located with us now and is turning out some sweet rifles. We are hoping to increase our presence on the Hide so please let us know if we can answer any questions that you may have.

For your barreled actions, do you guys typically apply black cerakote to the entire barrel and action? Or do you only apply cerakote to the barrel to match the black finish of the action? Like for a nitrided/DLC'd TL3, Deviant, Lone Peak, or Impact Precision?
On the website it says the barrel/action are cerakoted, but i'm not sure if thats the case with actions that already come nitrided/DLC'd

I can not speak 100% for CORE but I am pretty sure we are on the same page with this. We do both......cerakote barrel only if the action is "blackened" by a coating/hardening process already......or apply cerakote over Nitride if requested.

Typically, I recommend leaving the natural black of the coated/hardened action and cerakoting the barrel to match (especially if you intend to cerakote black)...….you get the best of both worlds.....cheaper cerakoting fee (barrel only) and natural lubricity of the coating/hardening process.

Just my thoughts. Please confirm the above with CORE before making a final decision.

Ern

Ern hit the nail on the head. We can do whatever a customer wants as far as coatings but unless we are requested to do so, or a customer wants the action cerakoted a color other than black, we are only cerakoting the barrels to match the black nitride (DLC/Ionbond) on the actions.

I purchased a complete MPA rifle from Core. Had spoke to Al at MPA for them to ship, and they were 12 to 16 weeks out to ship. Al at MPA had me call Core and I had them make specific changes to the rifle that I wanted and they completed them at no cost and shipped the rifle to me in a week. Great customer service and follow up.

Do you have a store front? I just looked and I'm only two hours away from Baker.