• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Correct action torque specs...TRG22

Yeah, I know what you mean. Dealing with Beretta is a true PITA too. Might be the only option for a 100 percent accurate response.

65 in/lbs. does the trick for mine.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know what you mean. Dealing with Beretta is a true PITA too. Might be the only option for a 100 percent accurate response.

I've never had to mess with the action screws myself otherwise I'd give you first-hand info.

Beretta couldn’t even tell me the correct thread pitch for the picatinny rail telling me that Sako’s only use optilok. This was even after I told them I was looking at that picatinny rail on their website.

Beretta couldn’t even tell me the correct thread pitch for the picatinny rail telling me that Sako’s only use optilok. This was even after I told them I was looking at that picatinny rail on their website.

I don't doubt. They are frigging tools when it comes to Sako parts/service.

Would be nice to have an "inside contact" with them that can get shit done!

Reactions: Afkirby
I have disassembled several TRG's both 22s & 42s. I have torqued the screws (65 lbin) and also simply hand tight. Personally I have no ill effects with hand tight and based on the design I am completely comfortable and confident in that method. However please keep in mind that I am very attuned to tightening fasteners by hand, I can most always get within a very close percentage of proper torque by feel with most any size fastener threading into most any material. I have been working on firearms for 30 years and have been a professional mechanic for almost 20.

The point is, don't overthink it. If you want to use a torque wrench then good on you, 65 lbin will be just fine. If you hardly ever / never remove your action from the chassis a drop (literally a very small drop) of 242 Loctite will not hurt anything and assure the screws don't back out.

Reactions: SilentStalkr