• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Credo 1-10 or ATACR 1-8?

B4forever

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2012
Central Oregon
Looking to purchase one of these optics for a 16” AR. Primary purpose is 2-gun/Tactical Games. The NF will cost me $700 more, but I’m willing to pay if it’s worth it. I’m currently using a Razor G3 and prefer the NF, but haven’t been able to get hands on the new Credo. Some of the events I attend have shots in the 6-700yd range, and I’d prefer an LPVO that excels on the higher end of the magnification. All opinions welcome!

I’m curious to hear what folks who’ve handled both say. I have Credo 1x8’s on two guns I use in classes & the glass is excellent but if I go prone & try to shoot at 200-300 yards it’s definitely a struggle but I’ve not handled an ATACR so not sure if the extra $$ for a NF LPVO is worth it.

I’m curious to hear what folks who’ve handled both say. I have Credo 1x8’s on two guns I use in classes & the glass is excellent but if I go prone & try to shoot at 200-300 yards it’s definitely a struggle but I’ve not handled an ATACR so not sure if the extra $$ for a NF LPVO is worth it.
What makes it a struggle to shoot at distance with the 1-8? Reticle thickness?

I have an ATACR 1-8 and shot at 600 a bit. It’s quite good, but a bit less resolution than a bigger scope (5-25) that’s set to 8x.

As far as holdovers it’s fine since the reticle is only .06mil thick. But for me anyways the holdovers combined with wind holds are what become less precise cause it’s .2mil dots that are spaced 1mil apart.
I am happy with it though.
Ymmv.

Last edited: