• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Crusader back from GAP with a new toy

evilsvt

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2005
college station, TX
Had them cut the barrel back to 20" and profiled for an OPS INC 3rd

gap3rd.jpg

gap3rd2.jpg

gap3rd3.jpg

sorry for the crappy lighting, I can't get home while there is still light out. No range report yet and I hope I can get some rounds through it this weekend.

Re: Crusader back from GAP with a new toy

Nice rifle you have there! I just got my Surgeon back today from getting threaded. I put on a new SWR Omega 30 can and it looks pretty sick. Got to put two rounds thru it on the drive home today.

What made you go with OPS INC? Im considering doing a similiar set up on my Crusader. By the looks of yours I wouldnt feel bad about it. But I need to hear about its performance!

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: evilsvt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys. i'll get to at least zero it thursday and check for shift but I won't be able to stretch it out for another week or two. </div></div>

I just got my 308 back from GAP after being cut to 22" and contoured and threaded for a Surefire. When I went to re-zero it it was less than 1 MOA out from before the work. Literally, bolted it back into the stock, put the scope on, torqued everything down and shot it. I think that says a lot about the original quality of GAP's build. Don't know about shift with the suppressor, still waiting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

What made you go with OPS INC? Im considering doing a similiar set up on my Crusader. By the looks of yours I wouldnt feel bad about it. But I need to hear about its performance!

</div></div>

Ops makes some of the best cans on the market....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Im not mistaken doesnt OPS inc make the suppressor that is part of the M24A2 kit? </div></div>

Correct. I think it uses a 12th model, which mounts to a brake. The 3rd model is the same suppressor but it mounts on the barrel. Or something to that effect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skeetlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">your not alone!! I hate mine as well! Lee </div></div>

I hate yours more than I hate mine, and I hate mine a lot.

once again, thanks guys.

Hopefully I can get my .223AI together soon and I have another 3rd waiting on that. And I need to get my FN FBR together so I can put an AAC cyclone on something.

ETA I went with the OPS INC because I like large volume cans and didn't need a Q/A can.