• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

current production PMR Pro Rifles

PRSDietitian

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2023
Texas
A friend of mine in the PNW mentioned how he gets a lot of PMR Pro rifles in classes he helps out at and said he's seen alot of lemons. Has anyoe else seen this? I'm on the fence between getting one built by MPA with their Mil/PRS discount or having TS customs chamber a CRB barrel for me and assembling it myself.

Describe lemons.

Reason why I ask is that I own a three MPA chassis and have no issues with any of them. BA Comp, ESR and a Ultra Lightweight. The last chassis I purchased was delivered this past April. Further, MPA is happy to work with you on any issue, whether its their problem or not.

Last edited:
Describe lemons.

Reason why I ask is that I own a three MPA chassis and have no issues with any of them. BA Comp, ESR and a Ultra Lightweight. The last chassis I purchased was delivered this past April. Further, MPA is happy to work with you on any issue, whether its their problem or not.
So i think he said they had somewhere between 4-6 that had a similar problem. No muzzle brake or a non MPA brake it shot ok but not 1/2 moa, closer to 3/4 moa with berger and fgmm ammo. Put a DN3 or DN5 on and it somehow opened to like 2 moa. most of them had alot of poor tooling marks, which doesn't directly affect performance but for a 3k rifle, it wasn't what they expected. So my friend said maybe i should build a PMR Pro but with a different barrel and brake. Chassis were solid AF and said I should still get a matrix pro 2 or their new chassis

Travis does excellent work, so I would personally recommend that route. You know you will get something that shoots with him, and the quality is excellent.

I have no experience with the MPA rifles, but it sounds like there will always be some doubt given what your friend has experienced and told you. IMO, that would make it hard to have full confidence in the system.

Travis does excellent work, so I would personally recommend that route. You know you will get something that shoots with him, and the quality is excellent.

I have no experience with the MPA rifles, but it sounds like there will always be some doubt given what your friend has experienced and told you. IMO, that would make it hard to have full confidence in the system.
yeah. i like the CDG actions and BNA triggers they use. I love their chassis. but the barrels give me some pause unfortunately. getting a CRB from TS Customs would be very nice and considering sending a CRB or K&P barrel to craddock for my ar-10 build too so it'll be nice to get everything from the same folks

Reactions: kthomas
yeah. i like the CDG actions and BNA triggers they use. I love their chassis. but the barrels give me some pause unfortunately. getting a CRB from TS Customs would be very nice and considering sending a CRB or K&P barrel to craddock for my ar-10 build too so it'll be nice to get everything from the same folks

I would go that route then. Seems to make the most sense for you and your specific situation.

about that. So i had a CDG i ended up selling(decided to go AR-10 for now, bolt gun after) and loved the feel. Do you have any experience comparing a CDG to the newest iteration of the solus? I think it's their obsidian model.