• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Custom Sako Quad Barrel

Re: Custom Sako Quad Barrel

I don't know if they are cut rifled but, if I was in the market form a new Quad bbl, I'd look deeper into a Shilen 4-groove Ratchet Rifling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Balthasar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really don't think it would take that much to have a Rock milled and chambered for one. I'll look into it, I'm interested too.</div></div>

keep me posted, that would be great!

Adam, I got a guy that is really handy with a mill and I imagine I could get a barrel from Paul and see what comes up. I'm starting to think I might need one too. I just have to find a smith that is good with a rimfire.

0115110920.jpg

In all reality, it doesn't look too complicated

Why do you want cut rifled? Lija makes the best barrels for the Sako Quad. My Lilja .17 HMR shoots great.

My problem with the Lilja is they are too short. My rifles all have really long barrels. I want a long barrel on my trainer too. I am lining something up to get the barrels from Rock machined. If I can get a deal on barrels and labor that is the same if not better than the Lilja then why not?

Adam,

In another post in this section Mike Rock was cutting a 22LR barrel for someone. I would contact them to see if they can make the twist you are looking for. I would imagine George or Terry or ??? could easily fit one to your Quad.

Pat

I didn't really want to let the cat out of the bag till I got the details worked out with Paul at Rock, but... I got someone to do the milling and I can get the work done cheap if I get 5 or more barrels to do. I will call Paul when he gets back from SHOT to see what the barrels are going to run us and see if there could be a small volume deal on his end. When I get these ducks in a row and if all goes well, I'll get a group buy kind of deal going.

I'm happy with my Lilja .22 LR barrel, but I might be interested in a .22 Mag barrel if the price is similar to Lilja and depending on length/contour available.

Just got my ROCK Sako Quad barrel back from my smith. He did a great job! Threaded with a cap.

Like others I just wanted the Rock barrel. My guy said it was a little tricky and he had to make a few fixtures but no problem at all.

I will post a few pics when I get back from SHOT.

All right boys here we go. I just talked with Paul at Rock Creek and this is going to be a go for a group buy but not like all his others. I will be running this one because Paul is so busy and he is not able to handle the headaches. I'll post up the details in the group buy section.

Gene

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Balthasar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All right boys here we go. I just talked with Paul at Rock Creek and this is going to be a go for a group buy but not like all his others. I will be running this one because Paul is so busy and he is not able to handle the headaches. I'll post up the details in the group buy section.

Gene </div></div>

These barrels are second to none .....

Jim