• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

CZ .22?

JRose

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Back in BHam!!!
What's the deal on these CZ .22's???? I was at the range yesterday, and this guy had one that was absolutely shooting lights out! This thing was tearing one ragged hole @ 50y, and were even all touching @100.

Guy had a $75 dollar scope on it chuckling saying "Not to bad for such a cheapo scope aye?"

Cool old dude, bitchin' .22, like to know a little more about them.

Re: CZ .22?

I have a 452 with a $8.00 trigger kit in it. It shoots very well, consistantly under 1" 5 shot groups at 100. It took a little shooting to find what bullet it liked but once I did it is awsome, I dont shoot it at 50 any more, way to easy to shot tiny groups. That seem to be the norm wth them, check out www.rimfirecentral.com.

CZ 452's are mini mausers (or Win70 for the patriotic types) and are about the best bang for the buck in the rimfire boltgun category. Factory trigger can suck, but there's all sorts of ways to get around that.

Rimfire Central's CZ forum should be your next stop if you want to know about these poppers.

CZ .22's Kick Ass! Other calibers aren't too shabby either. I have a 452 Varmint and even with the cheapest ammo it shoots lights out in it's stock config, with a cheap ass BSA Sweet 22. (Yeah I cheaped out on the glass but it works well).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just wish I had another inch or so of LOP on my Varmint. </div></div>

Agreed on LOP. Feels like I'm choking up on the stock a little too much. Late Fall/Winter isn't a problem with the extra layers. Summer time I usually use a PAST recoil shield for shooting it gives me a little more LOP.

rose they are badass. i have 2 now. a 452 luz model and just bought a 452 varmit model. i can cut string at 50yds with the lux model and a bushnell scope. i have a quater with w nickel size 3 shot group on it from about 75yds.

I love mine.

I threaded the barrel nd put a YHM mite on the end. What a hoot to shoot!!

march231.jpg

b-Train thats pretty neat! I have a Clark 10/22 set up kinda of like that. it runs subsonic ammo like a champ, and its SUPER quiet. cool little rig you got there, I bet its a squirrel slayer!

I have a 452 varmit with a Simmons WTC 6.5-20 x 50 and a brooks trigger kit - a total of about $450. It shoots as well as others have stated. For less that $1k, it's hard to beat - shoots as well as my Kimber.

I outfitted my old High School's FFA shooting team with the CZ 452 Americans with iron sights. Had one young lady earn A full boat to NC State shooting one against rifles that cost 5-7 times as much.... Had to buy one for myself!! Have a US Optics 20 MOA base and a few spare 10 round mags in the works.... Will mount my Falcon Merlin on it when it wears glass, but I like shooting it with irons!

cz452s...the rest of the world knew about these great guns 30 years ago....we're just catching on!
smile.gif
The trigger is absolutely amazing. Using the $15 trigger kit, I have a better trigger than my Jewell....really.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just wish I had another inch or so of LOP on my Varmint. </div></div>

I solved that problem by having my buddy put a Decelerator recoil pad on mine to add length.

Mine shoots really well.