• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

CZ 457 BARREL FOR PRS/ ELR TRAINER

TEXFIRE%$&

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2020
Montgomery, Texas
I AM BUILDING A PRS COMP AND ELR TRAINER. IM USING A CZ457 ACTION AND KRG BRAVO STOCK. THE STOCK MATCHES MY ELR. THE QUESTION I I AM POLLING IS WHAT BARREL? IVE GOT IT NARROWED TO LILJA AND KREIGER BUT IM OPEN TO OTHER IDEAS. WOULD LIKE IT TO BE IN THE 20" RANGE. I WILL USE GOOD AMMO LIKE ELEY AND LAPUA . DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THESE AND HOW THEY SHOOT OUT TO DISTANCE AS WELL AS GROUP AT 100. I THINK THE BARREL AND AMMO IS WHERE ITS AT IN 22LR. ALL COMENTS WELOME AND APPRECIATED. THANKS

Reactions: PowellSixO
Lothar Walther SS 20.5" for $300.00

It's what I upgraded my 457 scout to, and put it in a KRG , has been satisfactory so far. Website is kinda funky, but got my barrel within a week of ordering. You have to notify them you want to order a barrel and they contact back with details IIRC.

edit add: pic of 457 with egw rail, athlon midas tac, krg, and LW barrel

2341EA1A-AEA4-4C97-B89A-492A03ABA73A.jpeg

Last edited:

It's what I upgraded my 457 scout to, and put it in a KRG , has been satisfactory so far. Website is kinda funky, but got my barrel within a week of ordering. You have to notify them you want to order a barrel and they contact back with details IIRC.
THANKS ILL CK EM OUT.

Did you see an improvement over your stock barrel after your Lilja upgrade? I’m trying to justify the $450 upgrade.
It does shoot better. It shot pretty well before but would say the groups cut in half with the upgrade. .5-6” to .2-.4” when I do my job. Several one hole groups with a couple different ammos. My barrel likes center x….

It does shoot better. It shot pretty well before but would say the groups cut in half with the upgrade. .5-6” to .2-.4” when I do my job. Several one hole groups with a couple different ammos. My barrel likes center x….
Thanks Klay. Kinda makes sense given the limits of 22LR ammo that the barrel is the biggest improvement that will realize the most bang for the buck.

Thanks Klay. Kinda makes sense given the limits of 22LR ammo that the barrel is the biggest improvement that will realize the most bang for the buck.
Yeah, barrel and ammo for 22lr seem to be the factors. I’ve had mine for a while and shot it a lot last year without the lilja and it was a good shooter and I kept that stock barrel. I went with the lilja for something to try and I really like the look of it and it’s a little better shooter. Had a group at 100 get ruined the other day with a gust of wind, 4 of 5 were touching with one pushed left about .5-.75” and ruined my tiny group, haha.
5A4C6896-F97D-4BF0-ACEC-BE66AAADBC5A.jpeg

I’m going to speak up here and say I love my Lilja barrel and would recommend to anyone who is looking into them. I have a buddy who has one in his Cz and he loves it too. They really shine with Eley flat nose ammo (tenex, match, and team) not as much with the round nose but I haven’t found anything that groups poorly.

edit add: pic of 457 with egw rail, athlon midas tac, krg, and LW barrel

View attachment 7691975
What ammo have you found? My LW loves Sk long range. Did you shim??