CZ 457 MTR bedding?

Skiemele

Private
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2020
I have a fairly new CZ 457 MTR - maybe 300 rounds through it - that I want to shoot in bench rest competition.

It has some sort of hard plastic pillars in the stock. Do you think that it would benefit from glass bedding while retaining the existing pillars?

I am getting 1 MOA (and occasionally a little better) accuracy at 100 yards with Lapua Center-X.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I can say this, any gun I have ever had bedded definitely shot more consistently after it was bedded properly. Especially if it is a wood stock.

I bedded the rear tang, to 6" in front of the barrel and shot a 241 4x on a USBR target 2 days ago in a match. Only the anschutz 64 beat me by one point, but he had less wind in the earlier match.

When I only had the rear tang and pillars bedded, I think it shot the same score.
In fact on a Sunday match with only the tang, rear lug and pillar bedding, I scored 249 on a different Target at 100 yards in the wind.
I bed cause I'm clumsy ;)
Also, I believe the rear action lug needs to be bedded, or at least the action needs to be tightened with the barrel up in the air and forced/pushed down as the front and rear action screws are correctly torqued down.

My MTR shot well, but going down the rabbit hole looking for more, I got it bedded. I did not notice a difference in accuracy on mine. It seems to like certain lots of the "27" Center X and Midas best.