• Fast is Fine, Accuracy is Final

New tee just dropped. Shop now!

Grab yours

CZ 457 MTR vs Varmint

Codiekfx400

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2018
Does anybody have any knowledge on which one of these would be a better option? It looks to me the MTR has a tighter match grade chamber. My plan is to use SK standard plus, cci Standard, geco long rifle, and Norma Tac 22. I am not planning on shooting $10 plus ammo. The use is just target practice and letting the kids plink with it.

Hello Codie, I have both CZ 457's, the MTR and the Varmint in the Mannors stock. I love them both and both shoot great. I was disappointed when the MTR first arrived and my first range session was not real good. I didnt understand why. I did some research and the action screws were the issue. So i now apply this to all my rimfire rifles. I back the action screws out to 20 inch pounds, shoot a group then add 5 inch pounds shoot a group ect....I found that my MTR shot lights out at 35 inch pounds. I will say that my biggest improvement to the MTR was putting it in a Boyds ATONE stock. You can really make it fit you. I also did a ton of ammo testing, Just about all the lapua and SK ammo i could find. I can say it shot everything good but shot Center X hands down the best groups, around .25 at 50 yards. Another fantastic upgrade i made was the YO DAVE trigger spring kit. I really love the CZ 457 rifles and for the price they are tough to beat

Agreed with above review. Have had 3 mtrs, one at 1, and one vpt. They all shot very well. A few a little better than others. I love the fit and look of the mtr stocks. The 457s are the best deal out there tile your ready for a vudoo. As for which one, if it's for the kiddos get the at 1 with 16in barrel. That stock can accommodate all ages from small up to you. Ans I have seen no difference even with the match chambers. But as the above poster mentioned....if yiubreally want to make a cz shoot put center x in them. All of them I have tested in the past year did not need a new barrel when shooting center x or sk rifle match. Center x being more consistent.

I recently picked up a new 457 Pro Varmint... got it scoped up and shot when I got home with it... it's crazy accurate with CCI standard velocity... it's shoots so well I went straight back to th store to order another... unfortunately it'll be a bit there was over 400 on backorder...

It's a great rifle with many improvements over the 455... my 455 is stainless with a nitrided bolt and the 457 is much more smooth... the 457 also has a real working safety on it versus I'm not really sure what that thing on the 455 is but it sucks...

For me it's perfect... although if Area419 came out with a 17mach2 barrel I'd be ordering a few...

I bought my first CZ .22 in January 2019 - the 457 American looked like a classic sporter, very attractive IMHO, so that's what I got. Was very pleased with how smooth & reliable it cycled, but it didn't shoot worth a hoot. Tried most of the tricks I read about over on RFC, plus pulled the bbl to cut a precise new 11* crown to replace the crude/uneven factory crown, which helped a bit. But, no way was I going to settle for a classy-looking rifle that wouldn't keep 5rds inside of an inch at 50yds. I was still trying to decide what to do with it when I found a new Varmint MTR, and it shot so good right out of the box that I decided to re-barrel the American. After fitting & chambering a Shilen ratchet rifled blank, the American shot so well that I decided to do another one for the MTR, as much to find out how much improvement that would provide over the OEM MTR bbl as for any other reason. I wasn't at all disappointed with the Shilen on the MTR either.

Fast forward to December '19, when Lipsey's got in a shipment of 24" VPTs - had been lusting a bit after a 457 with the Manners CZ/PRS1 stock, so ordered one in. It shot OK, but not as good as the MTR had with its OEM bbl, so since the take-off MTR bbl was still sitting on the bench out in the shop, I pulled the VPT's 24" threaded bbl & replaced it with the take-ff MTR 20.5" bbl. What an improvement! Whether it was the Manners stock with its precision inlet & thicker recoil lug, or the tighter headspace in the VPT action (which was obvious due to slightly higher force required to close the bolt on loaded rounds relative to the 24" varmint bbl) - or both - I don't know. But the MTR bbl shot slightly better groups in the VPT action than it had when in the MTR action & stock. I couldn't help but wonder how much of the accuracy of the MTR bbl was due to being in the Manners stock, which lead me to think about putting the MTR/Shilen bbl'd action over into the Manners to see how that worked.... There's no doubt in my mind that the Shilen bbl'd MTR action shoots a bit better in the Manners stock than it did in the walnut MTR stock. Only one fly in the ointment - the VPT came with a black nitride trigger, and I wanted that trigger on the MTR action in the Manners stock. So after swapping the triggers around, I got a pleasant surprise - whereas I'd originally been able to adjust the MTR's trigger down to just under a pound, moving the VPT trigger to the MTR action resulted in a very crisp 8oz break, and no amount of cycling the bolt as quickly as I could, nor rapping the butt of the stock on the floor have resulted in the trigger not holding. So now I've got a Frankenrifle - the MTR action with a Shilen bbl & black VPT trigger in a VPT stock...that shoots very nearly as good as my V22s. I left the Athlon Cronus 4.5-29x56 scope that I'd had on the MTR on that action in the VPT stock, so it's a pretty well-equipped rifle. As much as I liked the appearance of the MTR's Turkish walnut stock, with some nice figure that looks really attractive in sunlight, I like the fit & feel of the Manners VPT stock more, and that flat bottom forend rides either barricade or front rest equally well. The VPT action with MTR trigger & bbl is in the MTR stock, and though it looks & shoots just fine, will probably go up for sale. I don't find myself shooting it much, with the V22s & two 457s with Shilen bbls.

Attachments

• DSC_0243.JPG
    DSC_0243.JPG
    369.9 KB · Views: 1,314
Originally purchased a Ruger Precision. The accuracy left a LOT to be desired. I decided to sell it off and give a CZ a try. Purchased a 457 ProVarmint Shortly after. COULD NOT BE HAPPIER! For the price, I honestly feel like it’s the best factory 22 you can purchase.

I would have purchased the MTR, but I wanted to shoot base class NRL and still use a quality optic.

I have tried an MTR, and truly like the stock and barrel, but I’ve found that my ProVarmint is just as accurate when you find an ammo it likes. For me - SK Standard Plus has been the best mix of low price and phenomenal accuracy. MOA at 50 and 100 is the norm.

My ProVarmint has been so amazing, that I bought a 455 for benchrest, AND a 457 Elite from 419 for open class NRL. And yes... all three rifles are tack drivers.

I have had my mtr for a little over a week. Very pleased with it so far. The only issue I experienced was a very heavy bolt close. I resolved this by stripping the bolt apart and polishing all interacting surfaces. Now it cycles smooth as silk on all ammo types.
It does prefer cz standard trainer ammo but shoots Cci standard and blazer well too. One ragged hole at 50 yards for the Sk if I do my part.
On a separate note the steel mag that came with left alot to be desired. Sharp edges all round so it was debured polished well. Not a major thing but I would hate to scratch the stock as I was lucky to get a beauty.
I also own a cz 457 varmint but in 22 WMR not 22lr. Still it's a great shooter as well.
Good luck

I have a 457 Pro Varmint and it shoots sub moa at 50 with SK Std.+. At 100 it opens up some but still respectable. I've only shot it in low temps, so I'm hopeful it will be even better when it warms up. I've had no feeding or extraction issues.

I got my CZ457 Provarmint SR in may last year. I installed aluminum pillars, bedded the action, installed a YoDave Spring, and a DIP large bolt knob. Mine shoots exceptionally well with Wolf Match Extra (it shoots 0.25"-0.3" at 50yds with a SD of 7) and SK Rifle Match shoots about the same as the wolf.

Mine has been really reliable but the trigger break isn't the cleanest since I've lowered the trigger pull weight. The best way I can explain it, is it feels like there's some drag. Luckily my local rifle builder works on CZs and I'm going to take it to him to clean it up whenever I manage to snag one of the new KRG 457 bravos.

Last edited:
I bought my first CZ .22 in January 2019 - the 457 American looked like a classic sporter, very attractive IMHO, so that's what I got. Was very pleased with how smooth & reliable it cycled, but it didn't shoot worth a hoot. Tried most of the tricks I read about over on RFC, plus pulled the bbl to cut a precise new 11* crown to replace the crude/uneven factory crown, which helped a bit. But, no way was I going to settle for a classy-looking rifle that wouldn't keep 5rds inside of an inch at 50yds. I was still trying to decide what to do with it when I found a new Varmint MTR, and it shot so good right out of the box that I decided to re-barrel the American. After fitting & chambering a Shilen ratchet rifled blank, the American shot so well that I decided to do another one for the MTR, as much to find out how much improvement that would provide over the OEM MTR bbl as for any other reason. I wasn't at all disappointed with the Shilen on the MTR either.

Fast forward to December '19, when Lipsey's got in a shipment of 24" VPTs - had been lusting a bit after a 457 with the Manners CZ/PRS1 stock, so ordered one in. It shot OK, but not as good as the MTR had with its OEM bbl, so since the take-off MTR bbl was still sitting on the bench out in the shop, I pulled the VPT's 24" threaded bbl & replaced it with the take-ff MTR 20.5" bbl. What an improvement! Whether it was the Manners stock with its precision inlet & thicker recoil lug, or the tighter headspace in the VPT action (which was obvious due to slightly higher force required to close the bolt on loaded rounds relative to the 24" varmint bbl) - or both - I don't know. But the MTR bbl shot slightly better groups in the VPT action than it had when in the MTR action & stock. I couldn't help but wonder how much of the accuracy of the MTR bbl was due to being in the Manners stock, which lead me to think about putting the MTR/Shilen bbl'd action over into the Manners to see how that worked.... There's no doubt in my mind that the Shilen bbl'd MTR action shoots a bit better in the Manners stock than it did in the walnut MTR stock. Only one fly in the ointment - the VPT came with a black nitride trigger, and I wanted that trigger on the MTR action in the Manners stock. So after swapping the triggers around, I got a pleasant surprise - whereas I'd originally been able to adjust the MTR's trigger down to just under a pound, moving the VPT trigger to the MTR action resulted in a very crisp 8oz break, and no amount of cycling the bolt as quickly as I could, nor rapping the butt of the stock on the floor have resulted in the trigger not holding. So now I've got a Frankenrifle - the MTR action with a Shilen bbl & black VPT trigger in a VPT stock...that shoots very nearly as good as my V22s. I left the Athlon Cronus 4.5-29x56 scope that I'd had on the MTR on that action in the VPT stock, so it's a pretty well-equipped rifle. As much as I liked the appearance of the MTR's Turkish walnut stock, with some nice figure that looks really attractive in sunlight, I like the fit & feel of the Manners VPT stock more, and that flat bottom forend rides either barricade or front rest equally well. The VPT action with MTR trigger & bbl is in the MTR stock, and though it looks & shoots just fine, will probably go up for sale. I don't find myself shooting it much, with the V22s & two 457s with Shilen bbls.

Who fitted and done the barrel work on the shilen, clambering and all etc. Thanks

Does anybody have any knowledge on which one of these would be a better option? It looks to me the MTR has a tighter match grade chamber. My plan is to use SK standard plus, cci Standard, geco long rifle, and Norma Tac 22. I am not planning on shooting $10 plus ammo. The use is just target practice and letting the kids plink with it.
if you are going to shoot junck amo why spend the money for br. rifle

I've got an MTR. Really haven't shot it much so I don't know what it'll do. I hate the stock. I'm left handed and the stock isn't ambi at all. I thought the stock would be OK since I was just shooting from the bench but I was wrong. If you're left handed pick another model.
And you didn’t notice it wasn’t ambi before you bought it?

OFG

Any further input on MTR’s versus standard CZ 457’s?

Do the MTR’s shoot that much more accurately?

How much tighter is the chamber/headspace on the MTR?

Trying to decide on what to get. Thanks.

I have an MTR and a varmint, both shoot great. 2 differences I've noticed so far...

1. The MTR has 20-30 extra fps on all the ammo I've tested over a chrono.
2. My MTR has feed and eject issues with lower end eley club and target. My theory is the no wax/lube round doesn't like the tighter match chamber...

Most of my shooting is sk+ and Wolf target.

Reactions: BigBaboon
I have an MTR and a varmint, both shoot great. 2 differences I've noticed so far...

2. My MTR has feed and eject issues with lower end eley club and target. My theory is the no wax/lube round doesn't like the tighter match chamber...

That's weird. From what I understand Wolf target is rebranded Eley Target.

Interesting. Thank you.

Is there a noticeable difference in accuracy between the two?

I have a ton of CCI Mini Mag’s, Remington Thunderbolt, and Winchester Super X. Will this stuff shoot Ok out of that MTR chamber?

Also what length barrels do you have on your 457’s?

Interesting. Thank you.

Is there a noticeable difference in accuracy between the two?

I have a ton of CCI Mini Mag’s, Remington Thunderbolt, and Winchester Super X. Will this stuff shoot Ok out of that MTR chamber?

Also what length barrels do you have on your 457’s?
Accuracy pretty similar. We've been shooting plenty of matches recently and a lot depends on the weather. Some days one shoots better and other days the other.

MTR is a 20" and varmint is a 16".

I haven't shot any cheap stuff through either of my CZs... That's what the 22 semis are for! 😁

I have been shooting CZ's for a few years now. Hunting, plinking and in competitive BR matches. I started with a 452 American which was topped with a 4-16x optic to be used for squirrel shooting. We have a weekly 50y BR fun shoot at my club and I took it there to test its ability and was disappointed in the lack of precision. The IBS50 card is 250 pts for a perfect score and no matter how much I tested ammo and messed with it, I could never get much better than a 238 out of it and for me, that was not good enough. I shifted it to squack whacking duty and for that it was plenty accurate, light and handy. I will admit that I spent very little time developing it and what it needs most is work on the trigger. Also, over the years it has begun to group better as the bbl got more broken in. Today it is a better rifle.

I have never owned a 457 MTR but have competed against many of them and helped a friend tune his. They had a ton of promise and some of them shoot OK but few are real match grade shooters even after a lot of development. Some are. Most are not. Most of my BR crowd that tried them have since divested of the purchase to get something better. Keep in mind that our BR fun shoot is a cutthroat, outlaw bench rest match that is a usually attended by at least five of the top ten sporter/factory BR competitors in the country and about a dozen other elite shooters who could be nationally ranked if they took the trouble to compete. They shoot elite grade mag fed sporter rifles that include, Anschutz 54/64, VuDoo V22, Cooper, Sako 94S/Quad, Winchester 52, Bergara B14 carbon, and a few that are sporting match bbls, or other associated mods. It is not an unlimited match but it is very competitive and the MTR, while often making appearances at said match is not a winning combo in that crucible. Most of the time they score 240's and lower. We also host ARA sanctioned factory class matches which are a perfect fit for the MTR and in which it should shine since the elite rifles are excluded from that match. CZ's & Tikkas are the most competitive in ARA Factory (after the Remingtons were excluded for being too good). Having competed for a bit over a year in ARA Factory class, I have never seen a CZ457 MTR win a single match. The CZ Varmint Precision series often wins and competes for top honors.

I do have a CZ457 VPT in the Manners stock and while it is only about a month old and is still getting broke in, it has already shown that it will out shoot my previous match winning factory rifle and in one outing to our outlaw BR fun shoot scored a pair of 248's with 10/11x which tied a V22 wielded by a former ARA Unlimited/Sporter combined national champion for first & 2nd place. He beat me on x-count but I was pleased with that first outing since it also beat all of the other top flite rifles that night (except for one Win52B with a match 8groove MullerWorks bbl who beat us all on one of the cards that nite with a 249. I have shot four ARA factory cards with it so far and they scored 2450, 2500, 2450, 2500 but they were in fun shoot matches not actual sanctioned matches. The VPT seems to be happy with several different lots of Lapua ammo and has a decent trigger having adjusted it somewhat lighter than factory settings. Last year I competed against several CZ457 Varmint models in the AT-1 and Chassis stocks and they were some of the toughest competitors I faced. I have seen several of them win sanctioned matches across the country. I have never seen an MTR win, ever. Mine is the 24" bbl but they come in 16.5" and 20.5" also.

Last comment is maybe the most important. I know that the OP states that he is not going to buy $10/box ammo. And for plinking with the kids and off-hand shooting or hunting, I agree that such match grade ammo is not necessary. To those who do want precision accuracy, there is a world of difference between a good lot of Eley or Lapua and the great lot that your rifle likes the most. I shoot a lot and keep different lots of both on hand since different rifles seem to prefer different speeds of ammo to shoot their best. No matter how good, most guns shoot much better with only one or two different lots. My 457 VPT is an exception in that it shoots good with all but one or two lots but still prefers certain lots to get the top performance. It is just not that picky. Testing from a bench or prone from bipod or rest is the only way to tell. Attached pic is from some early ammo testing of the CZ. The two lots at the upper left are some of the preferred ammo and the others are just ok. One was CX and one was Midas+ in 23 and 25 speeds. The IBS tgt was shot in mild wind with CX 23 spd ammo from a bipod and rear bag at 50y.

Attachments

• CX.Midas lots.jpg
    CX.Midas lots.jpg
    524 KB · Views: 1,687
  • CZ457 VPT.jpg
    CZ457 VPT.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 1,088
  • CZ457 VPT 50y.jpg
    CZ457 VPT 50y.jpg
    655.6 KB · Views: 1,092
I have been shooting CZ's for a few years now. Hunting, plinking and in competitive BR matches. I started with a 452 American which was topped with a 4-16x optic to be used for squirrel shooting. We have a weekly 50y BR fun shoot at my club and I took it there to test its ability and was disappointed in the lack of precision. The IBS50 card is 250 pts for a perfect score and no matter how much I tested ammo and messed with it, I could never get much better than a 238 out of it and for me, that was not good enough. I shifted it to squack whacking duty and for that it was plenty accurate, light and handy. I will admit that I spent very little time developing it and what it needs most is work on the trigger. Also, over the years it has begun to group better as the bbl got more broken in. Today it is a better rifle.

I have never owned a 457 MTR but have competed against many of them and helped a friend tune his. They had a ton of promise and some of them shoot OK but few are real match grade shooters even after a lot of development. Some are. Most are not. Most of my BR crowd that tried them have since divested of the purchase to get something better. Keep in mind that our BR fun shoot is a cutthroat, outlaw bench rest match that is a usually attended by at least five of the top ten sporter/factory BR competitors in the country and about a dozen other elite shooters who could be nationally ranked if they took the trouble to compete. They shoot elite grade mag fed sporter rifles that include, Anschutz 54/64, VuDoo V22, Cooper, Sako 94S/Quad, Winchester 52, Bergara B14 carbon, and a few that are sporting match bbls, or other associated mods. It is not an unlimited match but it is very competitive and the MTR, while often making appearances at said match is not a winning combo in that crucible. Most of the time they score 240's and lower. We also host ARA sanctioned factory class matches which are a perfect fit for the MTR and in which it should shine since the elite rifles are excluded from that match. CZ's & Tikkas are the most competitive in ARA Factory (after the Remingtons were excluded for being too good). Having competed for a bit over a year in ARA Factory class, I have never seen a CZ457 MTR win a single match. The CZ Varmint Precision series often wins and competes for top honors.

I do have a CZ457 VPT in the Manners stock and while it is only about a month old and is still getting broke in, it has already shown that it will out shoot my previous match winning factory rifle and in one outing to our outlaw BR fun shoot scored a pair of 248's with 10/11x which tied a V22 wielded by a former ARA Unlimited/Sporter combined national champion for first & 2nd place. He beat me on x-count but I was pleased with that first outing since it also beat all of the other top flite rifles that night (except for one Win52B with a match 8groove MullerWorks bbl who beat us all on one of the cards that nite with a 249. I have shot four ARA factory cards with it so far and they scored 2450, 2500, 2450, 2500 but they were in fun shoot matches not actual sanctioned matches. The VPT seems to be happy with several different lots of Lapua ammo and has a decent trigger having adjusted it somewhat lighter than factory settings. Last year I competed against several CZ457 Varmint models in the AT-1 and Chassis stocks and they were some of the toughest competitors I faced. I have seen several of them win sanctioned matches across the country. I have never seen an MTR win, ever. Mine is the 24" bbl but they come in 16.5" and 20.5" also.

Last comment is maybe the most important. I know that the OP states that he is not going to buy $10/box ammo. And for plinking with the kids and off-hand shooting or hunting, I agree that such match grade ammo is not necessary. To those who do want precision accuracy, there is a world of difference between a good lot of Eley or Lapua and the great lot that your rifle likes the most. I shoot a lot and keep different lots of both on hand since different rifles seem to prefer different speeds of ammo to shoot their best. No matter how good, most guns shoot much better with only one or two different lots. My 457 VPT is an exception in that it shoots good with all but one or two lots but still prefers certain lots to get the top performance. It is just not that picky. Testing from a bench or prone from bipod or rest is the only way to tell. Attached pic is from some early ammo testing of the CZ. The two lots at the upper left are some of the preferred ammo and the others are just ok. One was CX and one was Midas+ in 23 and 25 speeds. The IBS tgt was shot in mild wind with CX 23 spd ammo from a bipod and rear bag at 50y.
Yes, but the VPT doesn't qualify for ARA Factory class. If you were going to compete in ARA Factory class, what would YOU shoot?

Wow. That IBS target is a lot more forgiving than USBR. That 10 ring looks huge compared to 1/10" "dot" on the USBR...lol.

This 226 would be like a 248 on that card. Guess I will keep my Tikka.

m5PWblV.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, but the VPT doesn't qualify for ARA Factory class. If you were going to compete in ARA Factory class, what would YOU shoot?
But the VPT does now qualify for ARA Factory class. The rules were modified right before xmas to include all CZ457's even though some of them exceed the $1000 price cap. Yes the IBS tgt is easy but it is what we play with at our club. I mostly use the USBS for my practice tgts. The ARA factory tgt is huge but scores worst edge. The Tikka is very competitive with the CZ but only sold in USA in the cheap little black tupperware stock which did not fit me at all and ARA prohibits stock mods or replacements. If Tikka will sell its UPR in the USA it will be a good option as well. Both are comparable in performance. I find the Tikka to look a lot like the Sako Quad action but just is a low budget stock.

But the VPT does now qualify for ARA Factory class. The rules were modified right before xmas to include all CZ457's even though some of them exceed the $1000 price cap. Yes the IBS tgt is easy but it is what we play with at our club. I mostly use the USBS for my practice tgts. The ARA factory tgt is huge but scores worst edge. The Tikka is very competitive with the CZ but only sold in USA in the cheap little black tupperware stock which did not fit me at all and ARA prohibits stock mods or replacements. If Tikka will sell its UPR in the USA it will be a good option as well. Both are comparable in performance. I find the Tikka to look a lot like the Sako Quad action but just is a low budget stock.
Do you have that in writing somewhere? I have been looking for it and cannot seam to find it.

Anyone have issues with the fit of the VPT stock to your face (as in, too low, too tall, etc) ?

It looks awesome. I just wish it had an adjustable cheek rest.

For that reason I will probably go with a Chassis. Is there any difference between the VPT and a factory Chassis, other than the stock?

Do you have that in writing somewhere? I have been looking for it and cannot seam to find it.
I assume you mean the ARA Rules for Factory rifle? Yes, they are on the ARA website under FAQ tab on item #11. You can download and read it. It says regarding CZ457 VPT (Manners Stock):

Answer the following questions:
1. Is my rifle magazine or tube fed?
a. YES… Go to question 2
b. NO… Your rifle is NOT ARA factory class approved.

2. Is my rifle in current production?
a. YES … Go to question 3
b. NO … Go to question 4

3. Is my rifle current MSRP under $1000?
a. YES … YOUR RIFLE IS ARA FACTORY CLASS APPROVED
b. NO … Go to question 4 - MSRP is over this limit

4. Is my rifle on the most current Approved Factory Rifle List?
a. YES … YOUR RIFLE IS ARA FACTORY CLASS APPROVED - the list approves All CZ Models including those in current production. EXCEPT Bruno CZ
b. NO … Go to question 5

5. Is my rifle specifically EXCLUDED?
a. YES … Your rifle is NOT ARA factory class approved.
b. NO … Your rifle is not ARA factory class approved at this time. However, you may complete the ARA FACTORY RIFLE APPROVAL FORM to request that your rifle be added to the approved list. CLICK HERE to complete the request form.
PO Box 777 Winters, TX 79567(325)754-5771www.AmericanRimfire.com

APPROVED FACTORY RIFLE LIST
Effective 2020/21 Indoor Season and 2021 Outdoor Season
ARA Factory Class consists of magazine or tube fed rifles currently in production with a MSRP of Less than $1,000. Rifles NOT currently in production must be on this list to be approved for use in the ARA Factory class. If you have a rifle that you would like added to this list and it is NOT in current production, please, click here to complete the Factory Rifle Approval Form.
MANUFACTURER
MODEL
Browning
All Models except the Model 52
CZ - All Models including those in current production. EXCEPT Bruno CZ
Henry All Models
Marlin All Models EXCEPT all variations of Model 2000
Mossberg All Model 46 Variations
Norinco NS522
Remington All Models EXCEPT All variations of Model 37, 40X, 504, 513, 540, 541
Ruger All Models
Savage All Models EXCEPT any that are Savage/Anschutz
Sears Ted Williams Model 34
Smith & Wesson All Models
Thompson Center R55 Benchmark
Winchester All Models EXCEPT Model 52 and Model 75

Reads pretty clear.

Attachments

• ARA_factory_approved_rifles_2020_12.pdf
    206 KB · Views: 197
I assume you mean the ARA Rules for Factory rifle? Yes, they are on the ARA website under FAQ tab on item #11. You can download and read it. It says regarding CZ457 VPT (Manners Stock):

Answer the following questions:
1. Is my rifle magazine or tube fed?
a. YES… Go to question 2
b. NO… Your rifle is NOT ARA factory class approved.

2. Is my rifle in current production?
a. YES … Go to question 3
b. NO … Go to question 4

3. Is my rifle current MSRP under $1000?
a. YES … YOUR RIFLE IS ARA FACTORY CLASS APPROVED
b. NO … Go to question 4 - MSRP is over this limit

4. Is my rifle on the most current Approved Factory Rifle List?
a. YES … YOUR RIFLE IS ARA FACTORY CLASS APPROVED - the list approves All CZ Models including those in current production. EXCEPT Bruno CZ
b. NO … Go to question 5

5. Is my rifle specifically EXCLUDED?
a. YES … Your rifle is NOT ARA factory class approved.
b. NO … Your rifle is not ARA factory class approved at this time. However, you may complete the ARA FACTORY RIFLE APPROVAL FORM to request that your rifle be added to the approved list. CLICK HERE to complete the request form.
PO Box 777 Winters, TX 79567(325)754-5771www.AmericanRimfire.com

APPROVED FACTORY RIFLE LIST
Effective 2020/21 Indoor Season and 2021 Outdoor Season
ARA Factory Class consists of magazine or tube fed rifles currently in production with a MSRP of Less than $1,000. Rifles NOT currently in production must be on this list to be approved for use in the ARA Factory class. If you have a rifle that you would like added to this list and it is NOT in current production, please, click here to complete the Factory Rifle Approval Form.
MANUFACTURER
MODEL
Browning
All Models except the Model 52
CZ - All Models including those in current production. EXCEPT Bruno CZ
Henry All Models
Marlin All Models EXCEPT all variations of Model 2000
Mossberg All Model 46 Variations
Norinco NS522
Remington All Models EXCEPT All variations of Model 37, 40X, 504, 513, 540, 541
Ruger All Models
Savage All Models EXCEPT any that are Savage/Anschutz
Sears Ted Williams Model 34
Smith & Wesson All Models
Thompson Center R55 Benchmark
Winchester All Models EXCEPT Model 52 and Model 75

Reads pretty clear.
I don't compete in ARA events, yet, but have been reading and studying the rules and regulations.

I don't believe that is a correct interpretation. In my interpretation, the MSRP is OVER $1,000, so it is excluded due to that fact alone.

Would be nice to have clarification from ARA on this.

If my interpretation is incorrect, I apologize in advance.