CZ 457 Varmint Scope Rings

Rlandry

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2019
To you guys who have scoped one, wondering what height rings you used.
I have the Bscar base which adds 1/4" to the height of the receiver and a Vortex Diamond back with a 30 MM tube and 44MM objective. That scope will probably stay with the rifle so I don't need to allow for a 50MM objective.

I have a 1" ring with a 50MM objective and some room to spare even with scope caps... you would be fine with a height of less than 1". Something like a Burris XTR low would work. Depends on what you are looking to spend.

I did a quick setup using some Vortex high rings that were on my bench. The height from the rail to where the scope sits in the cradle is 1".
I measured the height of the obj with the lens cap on and it was 3/4" from the toop of the barrel. So it lookd like anything shorter would work, I just want to get the scope as close as possible to the barrel.

I have the DIP rail on my rifle. This is a 30mm scope with a 50mm objective. These rings have .375 under the tube. It gives me about 1/8” clearance between the scope bell and barrel. I like my scope as low as possible as well.
752936DC-13D7-48BE-8EE4-FBC2F81B9E25.jpeg