• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

CZ P10 review

ut755ln

Rub some dirt on it
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2011
Houston Texas
I have written a couple of posts reviewing different firearms and would like to comment a little about the CZ P10. For background purposes, I am an owner of a shooting range in Texas and we have a large rental fleet. We track cleaning, rounds fired, through the firearms. When I comment on firearms, my opinion is skewed versus most people because I tend to value durability and reliability over everything else.

We have two CZ P10s in our rental fleet the optics ready F (full frame) and the optics ready C (compact frame). The F is currently at 62k rounds fired since we put it in service in early 2023. The C is at 74k rounds and also went into service in early 2023. Both of these pistols have joined a really short list of firearms that I would describe as hyper reliable. One of the things that we do with new service pistols is not clean them. We let customers shoot them so that we can get a sense of a maintenance schedule. So if a pistol starts malfunctioning around 4k rounds, we will note it and spend 10 minutes giving it a quick clean. Both of the CZs have not been cleaned and almost have 140k rounds through them. The only firearms that we have that have gone over 50k rounds without failure are all pistols and the list is Glocks, S&W M&P 2.0, Walther PDP, and now the CZ P10s. (I did not include the HK VP9, it threw an optic down range at around the 30k round count which we count as a failure).

For me, I really like the CZ. It has a low bore axis, good ergonomics, okay sites, slide serrations, adequate grip, nothing that screams to me that I need to change. Like most of the polymer striker fired pistols the trigger now has a better feel broken in versus when it was new. For the money, the CZ P10 may be the best pistol in class because we sell both for less then $500 and have a couple of sales each year that gets the number down closer to $400.

I have a CZ P10C and I like it. Optic cut and suppressor height sights. Got it from PSA about a year ago for about $400 all told with fees. I find the trigger pull to be long, but ok. I did not like the small slide release and replaced it with a larger aftermarket Apex slide release.

Last edited:
Reactions: ut755ln
I have the P10-F. It has proven to be a very accurate pistol. The ergonomics fit my hand pretty well. I have found it to be “loud”. Sorry, that’s just hard to explain any better than that. It is very reliable and has never not gone boom. (I’ve only ever shot 124gr factory 9mm ammo.) I’ve never had any extraction issues.

Here’s the only thing that bothers me about the P10. The trigger group pin has worked itself almost out a couple of times. The first time, I only noticed after I got home and stripped it for cleanIng. The next few times, I’ve noticed at the range. So I’ve taken to bringing with me the punch to re-seat it if it moves.

IMG-2756.jpg

Great pistol. I will probably take some flack for this, but I like my Glock 17 gen5 better. Sorry.

Last edited:
Great pistol. I will probably take some flack for this, but I like my Glock 17 gen5 better. Sorry.
Not from me. I have a 17, 45 with radian comp, 47 with Radian comp, two 34s, 43x, 19. I can effectively carry any pistol I want and my most owned and most shot pistols are Glocks.

I carry a P10-C. Got it for $400 at Scheels. Agree with your review. Great pistol in all aspects for the price. I picked it over a 43x but if I had the money back then, I would’ve bought a G19 MOS. Either way, no regrets at all.
662922CA-119B-45A7-AAA9-499735364ACB.jpeg

The CZ p10 line is in my top three of polymer striker fired pistol brands. I recommend them over Glocks (my 4th choice) because we need more variety in the aftermarket for CZs so the more sold the better.

Reactions: Eggman and ut755ln
Can you elaborate on the VP9 issue
In terms of reliability of actually firing, it is in line with the pistols I have mentioned above. On our rental VP9s, we have had two throw optics down the range while cycling. I think both were sheared screws. We have not had problems with the pistols in terms of going bang, they eat any ammo and the tactical version has thousands of rounds down the pipe suppressed with no issues. I am not sure if it is a plate issue, screw issue, ect.

To me it does not really matter which pistol, in general I do not like manufacturer plate systems. We have long term had the best success with direct milling slides to a specific optic. The gold standard is the Trijicon RMR. Vortex, Leupold, Holosun, all have compelling choices in terms of things like reticle choices, different colors (green).

For those that have not tried it, the Radian mounting system for the Glock MOS is currently the S Tier solution. It is incredibly robust, more screw thread lock up then the native system, water tight, and it protects the optic itself. I rarely buy products like this but did for my Glock 45 and I have been really pleased with it.

Reactions: ma smith