• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Movie Theater Deathly Hallows Pt1

Re: Deathly Hallows Pt1

I hated it more than the other HP flixs. The wife said it didn't make any sense if you hadn't read the books, which I obviously haven't. So I would skip this one if you're not 100% up on your HP plot lines.

I think the most important part to keep in mind while watching this movie that the movie leaves out is that a whorecrux can be anything and holds part of a persons soul so that they are immortal, this is why they have to destroy all 7 of Validomore's whorecrux, of which Harry is one. The movie doesn't spell this out so if you haven't read the books you have no idea what they are talking about and is what made this movie suck donkey balls. I got the whole story from the wife when she was trying to make that shit-flick make sense.

Shot in the dark, in the Half Blood Prince (movie number 6) this gets explained at the end of the movie

one thing that confused me in the deathly hallows movie, is that a whorecrux is destroyed, and it is mentioned that there are 3 remaining... either im trippin massive balls and heard wrong, or the story is buggered... because at the end of half blood prince, its mentioned that valdimore has 7 whorecrux... hehehe whore-crux

And the start of Deathly Hallows was very busy, made little sense. All of a sudden harry is on the run and has a gang of helpers... its almost like the audience is assumed to know what happens between movie 6 and 7...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shot in the dark, in the Half Blood Prince (movie number 6) this gets explained at the end of the movie

one thing that confused me in the deathly hallows movie, is that a whorecrux is destroyed, and it is mentioned that there are 3 remaining... either im trippin massive balls and heard wrong, or the story is buggered... because at the end of half blood prince, its mentioned that valdimore has 7 whorecrux... hehehe whore-crux

And the start of Deathly Hallows was very busy, made little sense. All of a sudden harry is on the run and has a gang of helpers... its almost like the audience is assumed to know what happens between movie 6 and 7... </div></div>

Vman, I'm with you on the busy beginning, I had no idea what was going on for the first half of the movie (and the second half). I must have missed the whorecrux thing in the last one as there is usually a ton of generic information and random plots dumped into all of these movies. I too was wondering what happened to the "destroyed" whorecrux.

Deathly Hallows pt 1 has strayed less from the book than another other in the series, which is why they split it up into 2 parts. There is A LOT of stuff to cover and pt 1 was just setting the stage.

The confusion over what is going on as the movie starts can be blamed on the end of the Half Blood Prince/beginning of Deathly Hallows books. At the end of the HBP movie, they were just deciding to leave school to finish what Dumbledore started: finding and destroying horcruxes. They realized the locket was fake and that is when they made their decision to look for them. What was left out was Dumbledore's funeral, which was fairly important.

There are a few things left out, but there is still enough there to make out what is going on and why, even if you didn't read the books.

Knowing that the last movie is finished and there won't be another 2 year gap before it comes out, anybody who hasn't finished the books/movies should go ahead and do that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hated it more than the other HP flixs. The wife said it didn't make any sense if you hadn't read the books, which I obviously haven't. So I would skip this one if you're not 100% up on your HP plot lines. </div></div>

Made perfect sense to me and I've never read even 1 of the books...

I enjoyed it, certain parts were predictable, others make sense once it's been seen through. I actually thought about watching it a second time to catch things I might have missed on the first pass.

The horcrux is well explained in the previous movie, the twists involved in this takes from the end of the Matrix series with having a yin-yang type relationship to the largest individuals on each side of the Good/Evil balance.

I didn't get a chance to read the book, but I went to go see it anyways. I don't follow the movies too much, but I was completely lost a couple of times during the movie. I got the impression this isn't one of those movies you go to to really enjoy unless you're a big follower of the series.

I've read all the books except this one. This'll be the first one I see before reading the book. Kind of weird to think back to these brats being barely out of diapers in the first flick and now they're college aged. I guess it was '01 when the first movie came out?

I know... freaks me out

Harry looked old in this film...he had a shadow going and all

Deff a good series. Not as good as LOTR however thats my favorite.

Peter jackson needs to bring out the hobbit

Wife said the same thing as most of you said. One had to read the book to understand. I thought they drug this one out. In reality it should have been a 30 min skit.

Now heres a question. The three wizards that cheated Death to cross the river. One was given the magic cloak that hides you. The other was given the stone to let you see lost loved one and the third was given a wand. All three are needed to kill Valdemort. I assume that Dumbledor knew all of this, so why didn't he put it all together and kill Valdemort in the Sorcerers Stone? Harry had two out of three and Dumbledor had the wand to make three.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trapshooter12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wife said the same thing as most of you said. One had to read the book to understand. I thought they drug this one out. In reality it should have been a 30 min skit.

Now heres a question. The three wizards that cheated Death to cross the river. One was given the magic cloak that hides you. The other was given the stone to let you see lost loved one and the third was given a wand. All three are needed to kill Valdemort. I assume that Dumbledor knew all of this, so why didn't he put it all together and kill Valdemort in the Sorcerers Stone? Harry had two out of three and Dumbledor had the wand to make three.</div></div>

He heard the prophecy directly from Trelawny's mouth. He knew he couldn't kill him. Not only that, but it wouldn't have worked anyhow because all of the horcruxes still existed.

Why does everybody rest their hopes on Harry Potter who constantly fucks things up by tripping over his own feet? Seems to me that there is an entire school and ministry of magic that knows a lot more about what's up than HP so why aren't they out fighting or at least helping HP? Just doesn't make sense at all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trapshooter12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wife said the same thing as most of you said. One had to read the book to understand. I thought they drug this one out. In reality it should have been a 30 min skit.

Now heres a question. The three wizards that cheated Death to cross the river. One was given the magic cloak that hides you. The other was given the stone to let you see lost loved one and the third was given a wand. All three are needed to kill Valdemort. I assume that Dumbledor knew all of this, so why didn't he put it all together and kill Valdemort in the Sorcerers Stone? Harry had two out of three and Dumbledor had the wand to make three.</div></div>

Those 3 items aren't needed to kill him. Hallows vs Horcuxes. Also, Dumbledore didn't have the Resurrection stone in the first book/movie, that was the Sorcerers Stone. Two different stones altogether.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kbrady</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trapshooter12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wife said the same thing as most of you said. One had to read the book to understand. I thought they drug this one out. In reality it should have been a 30 min skit.

Those 3 items aren't needed to kill him. Hallows vs Horcuxes. Also, Dumbledore didn't have the Resurrection stone in the first book/movie, that was the Sorcerers Stone. Two different stones altogether. </div></div>

WTF? I'm starting to think the author just put a bunch of ideas on little pieces of paper and tossed them in the air and created a plot line based on how the paper landed on the floor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WTF? I'm starting to think the author just put a bunch of ideas on little pieces of paper and tossed them in the air and created a plot line based on how the paper landed on the floor.</div></div>

I'm starting to think you didn't read the books and you're mistaking your gleaning of information from the movies as a full audit of the book series. If you've spent this much time following the movies I think it might be worth your time to check out the books... you might be surprised at how good they are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brasscow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WTF? I'm starting to think the author just put a bunch of ideas on little pieces of paper and tossed them in the air and created a plot line based on how the paper landed on the floor.</div></div>

I'm starting to think you didn't read the books and you're mistaking your gleaning of information from the movies as a full audit of the book series. If you've spent this much time following the movies I think it might be worth your time to check out the books... you might be surprised at how good they are. </div></div>

I actually intend to read them and I've been watching the old flicks the last few days to try to figure it out. But my bash on HP is really that the movies don't add up, I'm sure the books spell it out quite well, at least that's what the wife says. I just think that movies should be made so that even people who don't follow the books should be able to make sense of the plot lines.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brasscow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WTF? I'm starting to think the author just put a bunch of ideas on little pieces of paper and tossed them in the air and created a plot line based on how the paper landed on the floor.</div></div>

I'm starting to think you didn't read the books and you're mistaking your gleaning of information from the movies as a full audit of the book series. If you've spent this much time following the movies I think it might be worth your time to check out the books... you might be surprised at how good they are. </div></div>

I actually intend to read them and I've been watching the old flicks the last few days to try to figure it out. But my bash on HP is really that the movies don't add up, I'm sure the books spell it out quite well, at least that's what the wife says. I just think that movies should be made so that even people who don't follow the books should be able to make sense of the plot lines.</div></div>

The movies got better as the series went on, but as a whole they left a lot to be desired. I don't think it was easy to condense the story into a series of movies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brasscow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The movies got better as the series went on, but as a whole they left a lot to be desired. I don't think it was easy to condense the story into a series of movies. </div></div>

I think it's real similar to the Twilight series where the books are good (supposedly) and the movies are good if you have the back-stories from the books. However, I think we can all agree that HP is way better than those faggy vaps from twilight.

My wife ragged me for years to read the books and I finally gave in and read them. I really enjoyed the whole HP series. I think "Hallows" could have very easily been a three hour flick like the Lord of the ring. Also a movie that my wife drug me to and I hated at first, after The Fellowship of the Ring was over I was like "WTF it didnt end and I have to come back to watch another one?"

There is a ton of info that was just barely touched on, even though I still think Hallows part 1 was by far the best HP movie yet. They really did follow the book pretty well. Once you read the book it does make more sense though.

They do look older and thats good I dont have to feel creepy thinking that Ginny is hot. I do like the red heads.

You can just watch the movies and keep up with what is going on. You don't have to read the books to get a handle on what is going on, although I recommend reading them.

I thought it was kinda gay until I watched the first movie with my daughter one weekend, and I was hooked. I started watching them right before Half Blood Prince came out in theaters. After I ran through all the movies that were out, I read all of the books. I wasn't in the dark about what was going on just watching the movies, but the books did help elaborate on some things.

I say anybody who is interested in this series whatsoever should take the time between this movie and the final one and read the books. The final movie comes out July 2011.