• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Desert tech srs handguards

redbullitt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2010
Wv
Does anyone happen to know anyone who makes handguards to fit the Desert tech srs?

See, I kinda think mine needs to be an sbr with an 8 or 10 inch 300 blk barrel to go with a long barrel 223 conversion. It would need to be able to get a thunderbeast can under the handguard though to work properly.

Any ideas?

Nope. In recent years there was a guy in the stickied DT thread who made a batch of carbon fiber handguards, but I don’t think any were that short. There has been talk among the community there about being able to open up a handguard to fit a suppressor, but not sure if anything came of it. That thread is really where you should ask this.

Appreciated! Was hoping for an easy answer to it but we all know how that goes lol.

I feel like they really missed the boat making the forends so skinny. A normal 16 inch barrel with a long handguard and a short can under there, a bipod way out at the end, and a clip on seems like a hell of a good setup even without dipping onto the sbr niche.

I tend to agree with you, but it took long enough to get a handguard that was fairly easy to swap in the first place. The A2 setup is much better suited now to 3rd party handguards, but is there a demand?

I tend to agree with you, but it took long enough to get a handguard that was fairly easy to swap in the first place. The A2 setup is much better suited now to 3rd party handguards, but is there a demand?
Not really. I can only sell a handful of these carbon handgaurds so far I think I’ve sold like 10-15. I have more if anyone you know wants one.

Reactions: Dogtown