• Today we celebrate America. Happy 4th!

Thank you to all the vets and Americans out there and if you were a vet, share your stories below! We're also offering a 15% discount on all subscriptions with code AMERICA24

Share your story Subscribe

Detachable magazine conversion for Savage Model 16

ChevyTXhunter

Private
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2011
I have a Savage Model 16 .308 and it has a hinged floor plate. I was wondering if any if y'all would know how much it would cost to get a detachable magazine conversion?

Re: Detachable magazine conversion for Savage Model 16

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChevyTXhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Savage Model 16 .308 and it has a hinged floor plate. I was wondering if any if y'all would know how much it would cost to get a detachable magazine conversion? </div></div>

The bottom metal of your hinge floor plate is the same as the detachable. Call Savage to buy the detachable DBM then swap them out.

Sell the original hing floor plate and your out less than $50 probably even less out of your pocket.

Standard mags will fit from Savage or the ten round mags I make will fit: Darkeagle Custom 10 Round Savage Mags

Dan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Siemens2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CDI DBM group buy starts 01/03/2012, look in the group buy section. $175 shipped. </div></div>

This is the way to go...at an unbeatable price.

Accurate-Mag also makes a Savage DBM.

If you prefer an even higher capacity magazine assembly of 15 rounds, I make magazines for them as well. Thanks!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadeye</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChevyTXhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Savage Model 16 .308 and it has a hinged floor plate. I was wondering if any if y'all would know how much it would cost to get a detachable magazine conversion? </div></div>

The bottom metal of your hinge floor plate is the same as the detachable. Call Savage to buy the detachable DBM then swap them out.

Sell the original hing floor plate and your out less than $50 probably even less out of your pocket.

Standard mags will fit from Savage or the ten round mags I make will fit: Darkeagle Custom 10 Round Savage Mags

Dan

</div></div>

So, what alls i would have to do is take off the floor plate, then get just get like a 10 round mag and call it done?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
So, what alls i would have to do is take off the floor plate, then get just get like a 10 round mag and call it done?
</div></div>

Almost. Let me show you.

What you have is this:

Frame.JPG

What you need is this - notice same size so it interchanges with your current setup.
Mag%20frame.JPG

So you can do this:

Mag%20box%20inserted.JPG

And look like this:

Mag%20stiched.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadeye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Almost. Let me show you.

What you have is this:

Frame.JPG

What you need is this - notice same size so it interchanges with your current setup.
Mag%20frame.JPG

So you can do this:

Mag%20box%20inserted.JPG

And look like this:

Mag%20stiched.jpg

</div></div>

Yes. I want that. And your rifle too...